Water damage got you down?

Discussion in 'Vintage & Off The Wall Campers' started by xxxapache, Sep 20, 2021.

1. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

No problem. Just strip off the frame and make a couple of trips to the big box hardware store.

20210920_170525.jpg

neighbormike likes this.
  2. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

20210920_180213.jpg

3. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Ha! Maybe that’s what I’ll have to do!

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

There is actually a manufacturer that makes these Mobil tiny like homes that look very similar to these pictures. They were mainly designed to be towed to its destination and left for extended period of time. My friend and I walked through quite a few of them as she and her husband wanted to go permanent and considered something like it. One of them we looked at, looked exactly like an old fashioned train caboose. Complete with the door in the back and a little platform on the back and front. Pretty cool inside. The bed was in the upper attic area with a ladder that lowers down to access the bed. It was essentially a mattress laying on the ground and not even enough headroom to sit fully up, but as long as the ladder wasn’t deployed lots of movable room on the main level. The ones we looked at didn’t have anything that used propane but instead everything was electric. My friend ultimately bought a used class A her main concern was having a comfortable bedroom and still be mobile enough to travel to new areas every couple months or so. That and she didn’t want a huge truck as their primary vehicle.