Water Heater

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by bkline1322, Jun 15, 2010.

1. bkline1322

bkline1322 New Member

I’m looking to replace my water heater in my 1992 Colman. Is it going to be as easy as it looks? Any advice I might need? [SUN]

2. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

Well, I can't say how easy it will be for you but my experience with projects is that they almost never turn out to be as easy as I originally expected them to be.

3. rjniles

rjniles Member

If you are considering doing this I assume you have some DIY skills and tools. Then it is an easy replacement assuming you are replacing with the same size and brand WH. The water and gas connections may be in slightly different location but there should be enough play in the plumbing to accommodate.

4. bkline1322

bkline1322 New Member

It is a different model number, but the company I got it from said it was the exact replace for what I have now. Both ate Atwood heater and both are 6 gal. [?:~{]

5. Twisty

Twisty New Member

Mine would be very easy to do - it is in the front storage trunk.
    When you do it, make sure you don't kink a copper line. Copper likes to collapse and fold when being bent by hand.

6. sonoma camper

sonoma camper New Member

I have a 95 Coleman and just did this. It was very easy. Removed the front door (2 screws), removed all the screws around the unit, removed the propane copper line from unit, went inside and removed the clamps for hot and cold hoses and pulled the unit out. Mine was a Suburban model and comes as one unit. My tank was leaking but had replace burner and all. it was a manual pilot light type. I'll save the burner parts for future. Do smae in reverse for install. that's all there was to it. Tools needed: phillips screw driver and cresent wrench. I got a good deal on Ebay.

7. bkline1322

bkline1322 New Member

Well I got it replaced this weekedn. It really was not that bad. I did however have to take the styrofoam off the new tank to get it fit inot the hole. After I got it the reight place I replaced the styrofoam. All in all not bad I think it was less then a hour.