Water pump bad?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by smoreking, Apr 15, 2013.

1. smoreking

smoreking Member

My water pump is used very little. When sanitizing the system, the pump started leaking either on the barb fitting on the outlet side (which is all plastic with a hose clamped on it) or from the bottom of the pump itself. I can't really tell. I tightened the hose clamp a bit more but I'm afraid i will break the fitting if it gets too tight. Would the pump leak if it was worn out? Any suggestions?

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

The pump could leak if it froze and the housing cracked, or the fitting if could crack if they are over tighten. Some Sureflo stainers would push/crack the sealing surface if the stainer was tighten too much to the pump.

3. smoreking

smoreking Member

It had rv antifreeze in it for winter. Started seeping slowly about halfway through de-winterizing and sanitizing. I will take off the hoses so i can remove for a closer look. Thanks

4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.