Water Pump Issue

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by TheBirdMan, Aug 13, 2019.

1. TheBirdMan

TheBirdMan New Member

Interesting problem I ran into this past weekend. After getting home & plugging in my 2007 Fleetwood Williamsburg Popup to 120V to keep the battery charged I did not notice that the water pump kicked on. It ran almost 24hrs with no water. The popup was closed up which meant the Galley Kill switch was dis-engaged. The water pump switch was on.

On my 2000 Coleman Destiny when the Galley Kill Switch was dis-engaged (i.e. being stored) the water pump never turned on when plugged into 120V - not even if the Water Pump Switch was on.

Some water pumps are lubricated with water and running them dry for prolonged periods will damage them. TBD if the pump burned up but will check in the next couple days.

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

You have to test it and rewire it to the kill switch. Is the pump now bad, you will not know until you try it. Most pumps don't have impellers in them just a rubber diaphragm and check valves with an electric pump to put the diaphragm up and down.

3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

24 hours running dry might have killed it.. thay are designed to be run dry and can do so for several hours but 24 might be too long.

My Palomino the water pump was NOT wired to the kill switch by design..