Water - The Blue

xxxapache

Super Active Member
Jul 30, 2008
They are just like any siphoning hose. They work going from high to low. The only difference is you don't have to suck on the hose to get it started.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Question…how well do they work going “uphill”. Long ago I had one for my fish tank worked great for sucking water out of the tank but it was not able to work in the other direction to put water into the tank unless you lug the bucket above the tank. im Hoping to avoid having to lift a 5 gallon bucket of water.
I always wanted to get one of these for the gravity fill when I had the pup,

So, pump and battery drill. Unfortunately my TT does not have a gravity fill. It does have a way to configure the inside water pump to draw water out of a container. You can modify your pump to do that also, but you would need to be poped up.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
We have a 20 gallon fresh tank on our TT, but in reality we can only use around 16 gallons before the pump begins drawing air in, because of where the intake is. We use a rattle siphone to add from water jugs as needed. We also conserve,in part to conserve waste tank space.
We travel with that tank full, and usually 2-5 Reliance containers of extra water, 2-1/2 gallon size; we have one 4 gallon one. We used to have 5 gallon ones, but when they needed to be replaced, went with a size I can safely handle on solo trips.
After our current trip, we'll probably be taking 4 containers. We arrived to discover that the water system at the campground we were in for 6 nights was not yet in use,nearest town was 12 miles away. We eked the water out, but we were beginning to pull air that last morning.
When we have hook-ups, we have a variety of hoses and connections, not all of which are always used, but handy. We have two fresh water hoses now, about 10 and 20 foot. We sacrificed our 4' fresh hose when we dumped the tanks the other night, that was now much we missed having enough length on our rinse hose to reach the Hydroflush. We seldom have used the 4' hose, we bought it years ago when tent camping, after encountering a couple of spigots that were too high for me to fill the water jugs easily.Not too many have threads anyway, and a water thief seems to always rot before we get to use it.
In no particular order we have a a couple of back-flow preventers (we have two dedicated to the Hydroflush) pressure control connector, a few wyes,a 90* elbow to use at the trailer, a water filter we use at the spigot. We use a wye at the spigot so we can use the rinse hose or access water.
We have discovered having a few wyes can behandy to make it possible to attach the water hose at low spigots when we have hookups

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I forgot, we have a rattle siphon for adding water to the fresh tank from jugs, also handy to add beach when it’s time to sanitize the system. A short hose and valve, when using a hose to fill the tank

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Lol. We go through 40 gallons in 4 days, for 3 people if we conserve it. So, cooking, drinking ( mostly coffee) and dishes. Plus the tolet. No showers. It goes fast.

GalsofEscape

Super Active Member
Nov 26, 2013
Maryland
Well I have most of what you referenced except I also have a Y connector. So I can still access the water from the pole without having to disconnect the hoses. With that said it's rare for me to actually get a site that has water hookups and if I do, they have been shut down for winterization. Critical thing for me is to also have a bucket onsite so that I can fill my tanks from community faucets that are inaccessible with the camper. Many places I go don't have fresh water at the dumpstation. Unfortunately I'm still using the funnel method so next on my list is an external pump. Even crazier some seasons I don't even bother dewinterizing. I cook outside and wash dishes outside anyway. Guess I still have a tenting mentality.
i have a portable outdoor shower that has a small 12 volt submersible pump. fits inside the 8 gal aquatainer and transfers water to my fresh tank - just take the shower head off and stick it into the fresh tank inlet. can plug into the car - or i also have a small Inverter it plugs into so i can plug it into the camper outlets (or the site power pedestal). so small, it fits into a drawer in the camper.

i also have most of the items Steve lists - but i don't have a water meter. have not really found a need for that. and i use a Zero-G hose certified for drinking water as it rolls up easy, can't stand the white hose. quite a bit of my camping is no water hookups, but water has always been available at the campground - so we fill up upon arrival. i also have a 8 gal wheeled aquatainer and above mentioned portable shower to add water to the tank if we are there more than 3 days (the aquatainer only comes if we will be there longer than a weekend otherwise it stays home).