WAX camp site review

Discussion in 'Kentucky' started by FireROR, Aug 10, 2014.

1. FireROR

FireROR New Member

Hi

I was at WAX camp site last week for one night. This is the best camp site in this trip. Clean, some site have pull through, water and electric on site. The rest room are extremely big and clean, (under 20 sites and it has at least 5 shower).

Total score will be 9.5/10. The garbage site is not on site (at the park entrance).

Cell phone signal is not good. I barely get 3G at my site.

nkcrouch likes this.
  2. FireROR

FireROR New Member

3. Phranc

Phranc New Member

4. 1951 bear

1951 bear Active Member

Wax is only minutes from my house. We are blessed to have three great COE campgrounds nearby. Moutradier, Dog Creek and Wax are all excellent. Dog Creek is not far from Wax and is smaller. Moutradier is the largest. The State Park CG is not too far from Dog Creek and for a new CG, there are not many that can compare to it. Across the County on Rough River, the Corps operates a few more CG''s. Axtel is the largest and best along with two others nearby.

[PU] [PUT]
    BEAR

nkcrouch likes this.
  5. KevGinaMorris

KevGinaMorris New Member

My husband and I Love Moutardier, hard to get a reservation with everything going on but if you don't mind no electric sites they have a ton with beautiful water views. Haven't been able to secure a spot at wax or Axtel yet.