WDH for Flagstaff MAC

Discussion in 'Tow Vehicles, Hitch & Towing' started by CObiker123, Aug 12, 2020.

1. CObiker123

CObiker123 New Member

Hi all, new owner here with a 2014 Flagstaff MAC pop up with toy hauler deck. I have searched pretty far and wide and can't find the answer so hopefully someone hear can help. My trailer has a double tall frame where the WDH would mount and can't find if I need a specific WDH. I am towing with a F150 so no trouble there but when I load the deck with 600 pounds of motorcycles, I am sagging the rear a bit and would rather be able to keep the truck more level. A pic of the type of trailer can be found here:
    http://www.robertssales.com/images/camper_pics/br23sc/2015_flagstaff_br23sc_front_deck.jpg

I have called my local Flagstaff dealer and they were unable to help. The actual model is a BR23SC.

Thanks for any input

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Have you tried contacting Flagstaff directly?

3. CObiker123

CObiker123 New Member

I was on hold with them for 20 minutes before I had to jump on to a work call, but that is part of the plan as well. Thanks.

4. CObiker123

CObiker123 New Member

Well, Flagstaff couldn't comment because they don't sell hitches. It's amazing how hard this info is to find.

5. McSkippy

McSkippy Member

6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I would just buy one and put it on. Its not a c channel frame right? Ask the hitch manafature if it can be used on your trailer.

7. CObiker123

CObiker123 New Member

It is not a channel frame but the way it is constructed, with the battery tray and propane tray there is only a small area that would allow it to clamp. See pic. I spoke to someone at Camping World and will be going down to see them with pics. Thanks all for the feedback. WDH.jpg

8. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

What you want is a WD system with bolt on frame brackets instead of clamp on. One example would be the Blue Ox Sway Pro with a BXW4021 BOLT-Around Rotating Latch Kit in place of the clamp on version.

CObiker123 likes this.
  9. jtrav

jtrav New Member

If you can't use typical snap up brackets you can use bolt on chain hangers. Would have to be used with a WDH that uses chains. This is what I use with my Pro Series WDH RB2. But it requires you to use the tongue jack to lift the rear end of the tow vehicle to connect the chains since there is no snap up brackets. See link.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Reese/RP58305.html

10. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

You have to do this with most WDH or they wont distribute the weight..

11. CObiker123

CObiker123 New Member

Thanks for the responses. I finally got some emails from someone at etrailers and they sent a suggested model that might work - https://www.etrailer.com/p-RP66540.html, I still don't know if they understand that I have very limited area to clamp so I need the length of the arms.........however, seems a bolt on chain hanger is the more likely option. My winter project. I am nice and level (within a couple inches) without the toy deck loaded down with the motorcycles. Thanks all.