We are normally a PP family but...

Discussion in 'Ontario' started by Cndngrl, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Cndngrl

Cndngrl New Member

Friends of ours are tenters, who wanted in on our thanksgiving weekend camping trip, but they didn't want to use a tent in case it was too cold at night. Cue a KOA and their cabins. As someone who has only used PP for the last ten years I wasn't really looking forward to this trip; too much to glamping was my way of thinking. We went to the cookstown one (Toronto North I think it's called), and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The place was the cleanest I've ever seen a campground. And the staff was always pleasant. Our friends have young kids, and they had tons of activities scheduled the whole weekend for them. Talked to many people camping there who say it is always like this. If you have young kids, and want a clean place to stay, would highly recommend.

Calicajun and megcabra like this.
  2. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

I had a chance to take a peek in a KOA Cabin at the Niagara Falls, Ontario KOA on Lundy’s Lane during a 2016 Pop-Up camping stay. And it was pretty nice. I’m not sure of the cost but it sure is a great alternative to a tent during the colder months.

Thank for the review and recommendation!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Koa's have their place and most I have been too have kid activities (most also offer something for the adults as well).

If your friend had decided to join you back in May, you might have been able to go to a PP with Yurts or Cabins.

You should checkout the 2018 (4th Annual) Ontario Thanksgiving Gathering thread once it's posted next week..

4. TRR

TRR Active Member

Sorry, but what does the abbreviation PP mean? I know what I think of when I hear PP but somehow I don't think that's what being talked about. o_O

5. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

PP = Provincial Park.

6. TRR

TRR Active Member

Ah, that explains it. Although, I gotta say the posts were far funnier with the first meaning my brain gave to PP. :D