We Camp for A Cause to remember-Relay For Life!!!

Discussion in 'Best Wishes/Remembrances for Loved Ones & Friends' started by Camp Chef, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Camp Chef

Camp Chef New Member

Every year we camp out overnight at our local Relay For Life put on by the American Cancer Society. It's a 24 hour event where teams set up for 24 hours and walk a track and fundraise for the ACS. We do it in memory of my sister, Sharon, who had breast cancer and passed away 15 years ago, and my dad who had stomach cancer and passed away 4 years ago. We don't actually sleep, so I don't know if it is true 'camping' out overnight. Either way, its a great cause and it's how we fight for people we love who are cancer survivors, and remember the ones we've lost. If you haven't done this kind of 'camping' yet you need to check it out!

2. kreich

kreich Member

My wife is VP of cancer board here and we have done the same thing. It is a fantastic event and have done this for over 4 years. Glad to see the support. We to have a sister of Breast cancer past of 1 yr ago. Keep up the support.

2007 Rockwood Premier 2302
    2006 Nissan Frontier & 2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab 5.3 V8
    2007 Pelican Raider 8E
    http://community.webshots.com/user/kreich123

3. CTDon

CTDon New Member

I go down to the Relay for Life event in Freehold, NJ every year. This past year was the first time I brought my PUP and will continue to do so in the future!

A lot of my family goes to that one and last year it made a great central point/cooking location/sleeping place for the little kids in my family.

'03 Hyundai Santa Fe
    '02 Coleman Cheyenne

Me: '75
    DW: '75
    DS: '04
    DD: '06

4. banjorules

banjorules Member

We;ve camped in the middle of the York, PA fairgrounds as part of the Relay For Life when the daughters were in HS and involved. It is a good time and a good cause.

02 Travelstar 21CK & Pinky the 06 Ram MegaCab
    Camping nights - 2007 -41, 2008 - 41
    http://www.midatlanticcampers.org - Camp tnereffiD

5. uploon

uploon Member

We "joked" last year about bringing the PUP to our relay. I think the folks would faint as it's at the high school football field, but I'm gonna ask about it.

On a side note, THANKS to all of you who participate in the relay! Last year was my first one-as I am a survivor. If you've never been to one, they are FUN yet humbling events. There is alot to do.

6. ataijar4

ataijar4 New Member

My Mother in law & 6 yr old son camped last year at our Relay for Life in my tent. I just bought a used Pup & they have already informed me they are taking it this year. Our's also is at the HS football field. Let 'em faint!!!

AJ
    93 Rockwood
    07 Uplander

7. jjkach

jjkach New Member

We tent camped and had booth and raised $$$ to benefit the Relay for Life. Lots of people came out gave support.