We have joined the DARK SIDE

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by cfmx, May 11, 2016.

1. cfmx

cfmx New Member

Last month we picked up a 2016 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE from a dealer in NC. It was the closes dealership to us (Fl) that had it in stock. Really wanted to order it but found out Jayco had just discontinue this Eagle model. Luckily for us the dealership had 2 in stock and the one was almost exactly what we were going to order. :)
    We have camped 3 weekends already in it trying to working out the new camper issues. Heading to local dealership this weekend again to fix a couple more issues. Had 1 major issue (water leak from roof when traveling in rain). Service Tech said it was coming in thru the grey water pipe on the roof. :( Hopefully that is now fixed and plan on take it out on the highway next time we have another good down pour.
    We love the floor plan and large(r) bathroom/shower. Our truck handles it fine and we are actually getting the same gas mileage as when pulling our hybrid Roo 233S. I thought for sure we would drop a couple mpg due to weight and taller height.
    Once all the issues are fixed we will be really happy w/ the move.

Picking up at the dealership:
    [​IMG]

Home:
    [​IMG]

2. generok

generok Well-Known Member

I really like the bunkhouse floorplan. Everybody has a bed that is available 24/7. Nobody's bed is being used as a table or another place to sit.

I hope to move into a TT next season. Let's see what the IRS says about how much of the money we earn they think we should keep though.

3. cfmx

cfmx New Member

We looked at several different brands bunk house models. What we liked about this model was the large double beds. Each bed has enough head room to sit up. And the top bed can support 600 lbs vs 250-300lbs. Not that we would have 600 lbs up there but makes me feel better for child in bottom bunk. ;)

4. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

Congratulations ! Great looking camper.