We need some updated opinions and thoughts on these state parks guys and gals

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by Carl & Theresa, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Carl & Theresa

Carl & Theresa New Member

I am from ohio and I have been to a couple of the state parks around nw ohio. East Harbor 4th of july lots of people and kids all seeming to have a good time. Went there to pick my son up. Really beautiful area. Van buren state park always really nice this time of year went fishing there last weekend did not catch much but it was loads of fun. Indian Lake always a great place to have fun went there about two weeks ago and it was pleasant. Ok guys ohio does have some nice parks and things to do so lets hear your guys opinion.

2. elmohio

elmohio New Member

We camped at East Harbor once. It was nice but we prefer bigger sites. Maumee Bay is our favorite NW Ohio state park campground, spacious sites, nice bathrooms, but fills up fast on the weekends. Delaware is a favorite too & shower houses are being/have been renovated so should be better. Haven't been there in a couple years though.
    Would camp at Van buren if they'd add a shower house & expand the campground.

3. Brad Jackson

Brad Jackson Member

Charlie's mills lake in Mansfield
    Pleasent hill lake (by Mansfield, forget where for sure)
    We really like charlies mills

4. threebeachboys

threebeachboys Active Member

Not sure how NW you are, but just over the line in MI is Sterling State Park. Nice park!

5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Not sure about up in your area but I really liked Lake Alma state park and Hawking hills state park. Both parks were very beautiful and each had positives and negatives. An added bonus, they are within an hour drive of each other so you can spend time at each. Lake Alma was less crowded than Hawking hills, well at least when I went. The sites at lake alma were a range between tiny to medium sites. I got a smallish medium site right next to a small stream and a large hill in the back so it felt more open than others. Hawking hills was just very crowded but I spent more time hiking than hanging out at camp so didn't bother me too much.

6. Brad Jackson

Brad Jackson Member

Yeah I guess that be aways from you...sorry