We went to the dark side, but kept the popup

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by weaselguys, May 11, 2018.

1. weaselguys

weaselguys Member

We have gone to the dark side for most of our camping we now have a 2002 Keystone Laredo 27RL 30' and a 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins TV, but we are keeping our 1993 Coleman Cedar for back country use.

DSCF6477.JPG DSCF2799.JPG

2. Dan from Troup

Dan from Troup Well-Known Member

Nice, considered a 5th wheel too but wasn't too sure about pulling that heavy of a rig even though I have an 08 Duramax.

3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Nice looking unit. You got the best of both worlds. Wish I could do the same, but cant afford storage for two. Stupid HOA.:mad: Made the mistake to take the little side kick to the RV show. She fell in love with the 5th wheels. She better hope she is a very successful woman when she gets older, her faviote unit was even bigger than my home with every upgrade built. [:O]:rolleyes:

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I sometimes wish I would have kept the PUP when I went dark.

5. weaselguys

weaselguys Member

I was missing out on too many potential camping trips do too popup mods or mods to my jeep so I decided to get a bigger trailer
    but had nothing to pull one with so I set a budget to spend and paid $8000 for the trailer a little to much and got a deal at $5500
    for my 1999 Dodge Ram with a cummins most were going in the $8000 range around here and Dan from Troup
    you should have no problems with the Duramax if my 5.9L will drag my trailer up the mountains here.