Weatherstripping

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by Econ, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

We all now about Aliner's special prices. Where did you get your replacement weatherstripping? I'm getting black fuzz on the A wall curtains.

Has anyone come up with a way to improve on the manufacturer's design?

Thanks

2. S4nsc

S4nsc Member

Subbed

I’ve got some that don’t seem to be sealing tightly. Might be time for some replacements.

3. Coco

Coco New Member

Eastern Oregon...aka Out in the Middle of No Where

4. Coco

Coco New Member

Eastern Oregon...aka Out in the Middle of No Where
    Hello there...wish I could help you. We are looking for weather stripping as well. Just purchased a 2005 ALiner. The "new" weather stripping the folks installed prior to our purchase I think just installed a fast fix. Our is shredding as you open and close the roof top.
    I have been communicating with a helpful person at ALiner if you want her email let me know.

Econ likes this.
  5. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

Is this Kevins new assistant or do they have someone new?

I'm going to let this thread develop for a week or so then do some research. I've reached out indirectly to my A/C expert to see if he knows

I wonder if all the weatherstripping is the same no matter the model? It would be cheaper on Aliner to buy miles of one type instead of multiple

Thanks

6. S4nsc

S4nsc Member

I know when I was trying to identify my axle a month or so ago I was exchanging emails with Kevin.

My Ranger 15 has a 3500# axle but does not have the off-road package. Per the spec sheet it should be a 3000# axle. Kevin’s only advice was the previous owner must have swapped it for the heavier axle but I later found the CNW label so it if was swapped they got the axle from Aliner.

Econ likes this.
  7. Jim Whitehouse

Jim Whitehouse Member

We have a 2018 Classic. Depending on amount and direction of rain, and leveling, we can get a bit of seepage in the corners. I thinks its running along the seal between the lower wall and the roof. The stripping there seems to be of a foam type (open cell) and I think it's getting waterlogged. Went on Amazon and got some neoprene stripping. Haven't put it on yet, will be the first project this season.

Econ likes this.