Weber Q grills gas problem

Storm Trooper

Home is where you park it!
Feb 14, 2008
Where my camper is parked now.
This post is for those of you with Weber Q grills.
I have a Q220 that recently stopped flowing gas.Took it all apart as much as I could,
cleaned and blew out everything possible, not much really.
Put it back together and the gas still wouldn't flow.
I did a google search and came up with quite a few Weber Q grills regulator problems.
It seems that the regulators on the Q grills are failing.
Then I called Weber and they were aware of the problem and told me what to do.
I had already tried everything they told me to do, so they sent out a new regulator free of charge.
They told me 5 to 7 days. It came in within 3 days, but alas, it wasn't packed well and was broken.
I called back and they overnighted the replacement better packed this time.
My Q220 was over a couple of years old and is now working fine with the new regulator.
Just thought that those of you with Webers Q's should know about this problem and that Weber does stand behind them.

penguin

Sep 16, 2014
I had one of the Weber BabyQ grills before and thought it was an awesome grill except for one major problem for me. The cast iron cooking surface was too broad and food often stuck to it. I know cast has to be seasoned, etc., but this is not something I wanted to keep maintenance on, so I gave the grill away. I prefer the thinner steel cooking grates. But I love the Weber product line, the kettle is just hard to beat, IMHO. [:D]

LaTuFu

Jun 2, 2014
We recently purchased a Q, the 2000 model. The cast iron grill plates are porcelain coated, so there is no seasoning required and much less issue with food sticking. It's been a great portable grill so far.

It appears the regulator issue has been addressed as well.

niagarafam

Super Active Member
Jan 25, 2014
I need to call Weber. Our year old Q2200 rarely lights with the ignitor button. I follow all of the instructions to the letter. Sometimes it works, but the majority of the time it does not. I have to light it with a lighter stick.

penny

Super Active Member
Nov 9, 2017
Last year I gifted myself with a baby Q. I've had a lot of, admittedly cheap, portable grills. I LOVE this grill. It is the most even, windproof, easy to clean grill I've ever had or used. I love, love, love it. It is worth every single penny, maybe even more.

K

kennedyma

I love my Weber’s, only grill I will buy. Finally got a WeberQ last year and it the best grill I’ve ever owned. Perfect for a family of four.

I love it so much I sold my beloved Genesis three burner.

Yes I also have a kettle for my “real” cooking ha.