Weight distribution

Spawndn72

Jul 29, 2016
You beat me to it. Just saw that on facebook and was coming here to post it.
Cool video

Spridle

Super Active Member
Jun 6, 2011
I'm hauling a race car more than the camper these days. In some ways it's easier with a tandem axle trailer but it's a LOT more weight. My last trip home from NJMP I had some frightening sway. I was way way too tired to stop and move the load so I just kept the speed down and got home. The next day I went to unload and found I had exactly ZERO tongue weight. I could move the tongue up and it would stay, move it down, it would stay. Perfectly balanced, well balanced for disaster.

Wrenchgear

5 Star Eagle Camper
Aug 5, 2010
Near Elmira, Southern Ontario
Spawndn72 said:
You beat me to it. Just saw that on facebook and was coming here to post it.
Cool video

That's interesting. Same here, I just saw this on the FaceBook, grabbed the Youtube link, and was about to post it here. Seems as though everyone is seeing this at the same time.

Nandy

Super Active Member
Mar 29, 2010
If he had a brake controller he could get that camper back tracking in a jiffy!!!

Nandy

Super Active Member
Mar 29, 2010
when you have electric brakes and your trailer start swaying you apply the manual brake slowly and it will make it track again. you will also have to slow down your TV.

kurtes

Reno, NV
Jun 7, 2010
Reno, NV
I was sort of proud of myself for looking to share it in the proper place for a change! Sometimes I get the message about posting an item in the wrong spot, this time I looked for the place I thought it should go... and it was already there!

Nandy

Super Active Member
Mar 29, 2010
Spridle said:
That's great if you have enough time to do it, before you fly off the road!

Of course, if you get in a situation like in the video you are in big trouble. However, most swaying starts slowly unless induced on a panic brake.

jerbear

Jun 11, 2015
Indiana
when you have electric brakes and your trailer start swaying you apply the manual brake slowly and it will make it track again. you will also have to slow down your TV.
I am a retired truck driver of 38 years . I have heard people say do not use your trailer brake except for emergency . Well I was pulling a tanker one night on a road that had a fuel oil spill and I was already going slow but not aware of the oil spill till my trailer was trying to pass me up lol. I applied slight trailer brake only and it got right back in line with me and I coasted through that bad place in the road and I was ok . So yes applying trailer brake only at certain times is or can be very helpful.