Well I did it...

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by beemerboy, Oct 13, 2013.

1. beemerboy

beemerboy New Member

After sleeping in my camper all spring and summer (except for when I was in the hospital), I officially moved back inside the house [:(] .

Temperatures at night was running in the mid to upper 40's. Which wasn't too bad with my golden retriever snuggled under the covers, but when the temps are supposed to go down to the mid 30's by morning that is a little too cold.

I had to light my coal stove for the first time this year and I'll be keeping it going until spring.

Tomorrow I start hoeing out the "doghouse" and packing it up for the winter [:(] [:(] [:(] [:(] [:(] [:(] .

2. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper

I haven't given-up yet...it will be 35 towards morning...I have a 40 deg bag with an extra quilt over-it. Snug-as-a-bug and great sleeping. [A]
    I wish you well...and sleep in great comfort with your snug-mate! [;)]

3. BarbaraFaith

BarbaraFaith New Member

Cool idea to sleep in the camper throughout the summer. I hadn't thought of this. I do work nights, and had thought about sleeping in the camper during the day, but for the last 1/2 of the summer, the PUP wasn't kept at our house.

4. beemerboy

beemerboy New Member

I finally got the Dog House packed up.

It took me longer to close, between hoeing out the various flotsum that accumulates while living it for six months, removing the bedding and the actual packing up, I have to sit and rest before going onto the next stage.

All in all, with rest breaks, it me about five hours to finish.

In six months I get to do it all over again in reverse.