well it happened

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by papachaz, May 26, 2012.

1. papachaz

papachaz New Member

We got stuck with the neighbors with lousy taste in music. The fact that I know that from INSIDE my camper should be nuff said. They weren't really playing it that loudly but the bass was rattling the TT Windows. Since the last pain pill ain't kicked in yet I let the host handle it.

2. Tracysues

Tracysues New Member

well it happened

Make it a good time, anyway!!!

3. Rick Kelley

Rick Kelley Member

I feel your pain. Been there and didn't enjoy it. Let the helpers kick in and hopefully the annoyance will pass. Enjoy the evening. We got washed out, literally.......over 2 inches of rain today so we didn't get out. Next week tho, colder but no rain.

4. Misc99

Misc99 New Member

At least you are camping, Papachaz. I do hope the music gets better for you and the meds kick in. You are such a sweet man!

I'm working on my mom's birthday party and getting my house ready for out of town family coming next week. When I take breaks, I check the portal. [;)]

5. papachaz

papachaz New Member

Well the hosts took care of it. Sorry for all who aren't able to camp this weekend. It's a beautiful morning here on lake allatoona. Oh, and the meds finally kicked in. Getting ready to teach SIL how to do the mountain man breakfast in the DO

6. Beerlifter

Beerlifter Oklahoma, It's not just for Indians anymore!

It's happened to all of us at one time or another, or it will! Things will start to look up once you get the DO fired up.

Sitting at home smoking a brisket. Would much rather be out camping too!!

(WOO HOO my one thousandth post!!!)

7. fritz_monroe

fritz_monroe New Member

Bummer that you had to deal with that. I often wonder if those sort of people think that others want to hear their crappy music, or if they don't care if they are bothering anyone else. Probably option B.

8. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

First, I don't think that anyone believes he or she has a crappy taste in music. They play something because they like it and think it's good. As for others hearing it, I suspect that in some cases it never occurs to the offender(s) that others can hear it or would not want to hear it. In other cases I suspect that the offenders think that it's just tough if others don't like it because they "have a right" to play it if they wish. Personally, I don't care about what music someone else plays or any other source of noise they create as long as it's kept low enough that no one beyond the limits of their campsite can hear it.

9. papachaz

papachaz New Member

You're right UT I doubt they realized it. The music itself wasn't loud it was the bass rattling my Windows that was the problem. Anyway it's all good now

10. bigdad

bigdad Active Member

Papachaz glade you had a good time but i have a ? what is Mountain Breakfast

11. carolinacampers

carolinacampers Nights camped: 2008-10, 2009-25, 2010-6.

Mountain Man Breakfast= [:)O] [:)O] [:)O]

12. cwolfman13

cwolfman13 Active Member

Bass is the worst.....someone can be playing music at a totally reasonable volume, but if they have that bass cranked up it just reverberates through everything. Personally, never understood turning that bass all the way to the +++....it just drowns everything else out.

13. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

Sorry Charles... we had a lot of extra noise pollution where we camped this weekend. We had a site on the main road, near the camp store and it seemed like every 60 seconds someone was driving by in a loud truck that needed a muffler, some with pounding base on their car stereos. I also noticed lots of dogs barking non stop, and roving packs of teenagers with bad language passing by...

But with all of that, we were still camping, having fun with the kids, so it was all good.

EDIT: I forgot to add about the booming thunder storms we had Saturday and Sunday late afternoons! But since that was Mother Nature, I guess I will not complain [{}=] [:D]

14. papachaz

papachaz New Member

yeah wendy, the passersby can be the worst sometimes. that can be a down side to camping at a lake too. the boaters can come in, drop anchor and blast up their stereos and even the camp hosts can't do anything about them, LOL

but we did have a good time anyway. and not one single one of the dirty looks they gave me after the camp host visited them effected me in the slightest! [LOL] [LOL]

@ bigdad - i'm sure the mountain man breakfast recipe is over in the dutch oven forum somewhere, but in a nutshell, we fry up 8 or 10 strips of bacon, brown a pack of sausage with some chopped onions. then put in some frozen or dehydrated hashbrowns and brown them, scramble 8 or 10 eggs and mix them in, cover and cook until the eggs are done. then we spread the bacon on top, sprinkle grated cheese over the top and cover long enough to melt the cheese....basically a breakfast cassorole. this weekend, SIL and i put some picante sauce on it to spice it up a little. we did this when we were eating it instead of cooking it in. the girls don't particularly like it, so we put in on ours on our plates

15. teejaywhy

teejaywhy Active Member

I like music, and I like it loud (when appropriate), but I can't stand the sound of these kids and their subwoofers. I'm from a past era where people spent money to get loud and CLEAN sound from their systems.

My son came home one day and said 'hey check out what I got..." We go out to his car and he has a new sub in the back. "Oh great, now everyone in the neighborhood will be annoyed."

No, he insisted, he doesn't like the window rattling bass.

"Let's hear it," i said.

He puts on something unfamiliar and the first thing I do is cut the bass down. He protests. I said, just let me hear how it sounds. It still sounds bad.

I asked if he had any "music that doesn't suck."

He scrolls thru his iPod and says "How about The Who?"

The car fills with the sounds of the opening to "Another Tricky Day." It sounds clean. I mess with the tone and volume controls and suddenly I'm listening to a great sounding LOUD and CLEAN system. Tight not booming bass.

We put a few of his songs on and it was back to the flabby, boomy awful bass sound.

A bit perplexed, I suddenly realize, THE MUSIC IS MIXED TO SOUND LIKE THAT. They actually master the sound to get that thump thump because it is popular with kids. Holy cow. The end is near.

16. papachaz

papachaz New Member

yeah Teejay, i love music too. my ring tones on my phone are all classic rock songs. one of the cool things with my smartphone is i can set the song itself as a ringtone, so it's not just a 20 second clip. that said, when i play mine, i don't crank it up so that it bothers anyone else. mastered that way or not, it's just rude for anyone to rape my ears with their choice of music.....

17. AZbubs

AZbubs Member

We have a McDonald's about a half of a block behind us. There are some Friday and Saturday nights when our windows rattle!! [:(!]

18. jeeper2007

jeeper2007 New Member

We had to call police on people living in my neighborhood they would start the car every night at 10. Im guessing worked nights, left every night came home in morning, would leave car sitting out there booming, rattling the windows in my house. I too like loud music. Take doors and roof of my jeep on a nice day and just drive but during day and I turn it down if I come to a stop for any reason.

19. bob814u

bob814u New Member

We went to our favorite campsite to take our dogs swimming in the river. After we got set up two RVs pulled in and set up a tent, chairs, coolers, and all else at the only access point to the river. A idiot pulled his truck up on the other side of the river and played the same CD two days in a row. We made the best of it though. I have plans next time. My DW corrected me when I cranked up Cecilia Bartoli singing Mozart to drown out the country music from across the river. LOl!!!! [HY]

20. Mosbyranger

Mosbyranger Onward, thru the fog...

I'm pretty certain that today's "music", or what passes for music is a sure sign of the coming apocalypse. The not so funny thing is my dad felt the same way about Alice Cooper
    and Led Zepplin and the J. Geils band way back when I was rattling windows and wearing long hair. I guess things just do not change all that much.
    MR