well it happened

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by papachaz, May 26, 2012.

1. The Postman

The Postman You gotta love Camping!!

I always wondered if the speakers came first, or if the music was altered to be played with all bass. I guess you answered that question with your little test there. We live across from a shopping center, and the kids delivering pizza like to gather in the parking lot and have competitions to see who can rattle the most windows. At least it doesn't usually go on very long - they have pizzas to deliver after all - but it sure can be irritating on a nice summer evening to hear all that thump thump sound coming through your open windows.

2. rms62003

rms62003 New Member

well it happened

LOVE IT - classical beats anything else at any time!

3. beemerboy

beemerboy New Member

4. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

Reverberates is right! We can have all the windows rolled up in the car and that's all you can hear as the vehicle approaches! Try living in Earthquake territory. Those high maxed basses just make the ground shake. It makes me think we're were having a tremor.

5. BIGGUNNER

BIGGUNNER New Member

if they were not blasting the music than whats the problem? we have to share this place called earth with others...

6. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

I think the OP was saying that they were blasting their music. The bass anyway. We do indeed have to share this place called earth with others and I could be wrong, but I think the OP was talking an "other" that doesn't respect that fact.

7. Darn

Darn Pup to Hybrid

Am I the only one that wears headphones? [?] [SNZ]

8. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

+1 - sharing a campground (to us) means that everyone should respect the fact they are not the only ones there.

On the rare occasion he listens to music while in camp, DH does wear earphones. I seldom listen to music in camp, but also use ear buds as long as I can stand them, then stop listening.