Well----it happened!

copperbear

Sep 26, 2011
Went to pop it up today...and half way through...a cable snapped! Now..I was able to find an independent repair man to fix pop ups...BUT,,,,,any idea,on average...whats the cost to replace a busted cable? [:!] [RTM]

copperbear

Sep 26, 2011
Thanks. Yeah---am not doing it myself. Just kinda wanted a ballpark figure so when I take it to this tech...I wont feel as though I got screwed......

ccptbo

Super Active Member
Jun 8, 2013
Peterborough area, ON
Sorry that it happened! Can't help on the price either, but maybe post what you paid to let US know for future reference. I hope whoever you deal with is fair.

Melissa

MRSKCkamp

Jan 11, 2014
Ours did the same we had to take it to the shop to have them replaced. They had trouble finding the right cables, we did have someother work done, but for 4 new cables and instalation it cost about $800.00 We bought our pop up used and there were many things we missed so had it all fixed at one time.

Dubbya

Wherever you go, there you are...
Aug 2, 2011
Steinbach, MB
Sorry, it's pretty tough to ballpark a number for you since there may be damage to pulleys or other lift system components as well. Cable is cheap but parts can rack up your bill exponentially.

Best case scenario, they charge you $75-$150 (depends on the shop rate) to make and install a new cable.

Worst case scenario depends on which parts are damaged, are repairable or require replacement. FWIW, if one cable is gone, I'd do all of them. Probably wouldn't cost much more anyway.