Well.............somehow to me its not a problem lol

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Old_Geezer, May 7, 2014.

1. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

I guess it's a problem if they say so [?:~{] [LOL]

MONSTER

2. Djo

Djo Member

Multi-million dollar recreational fishery destroyed. Invasive species wipes out an endangered species of trout. Unanticipated collateral damage to one of America’s premier wilderness regions when the dominant aquatic species is lost. I guess I can see why the people that are responsible for Yellowstone are concerned.

3. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

I agree ............ I was attempting to get a laugh from some of the fishermen on this site. If you take away the invasive species issue catching a trout like is in that picture its not a problem. Seriously though, they failed to mention who illegally introduced the lake trout? I would be willing to bet it is a direct result of some kind of a failure of another government-sponsored fisheries program. That is usually the case with invasive species. Take the emerald ash borer which they say came into the country in pallets from Asia. Who is it that inspects imported goods?

4. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

We fished on the lake back in 2008 and our son and I both caught a cut throat (each about 4 pounds). We were told that if we caught a lake trout we could either keep it or we would have to kill it before putting it back into the lake.