Well this year was mostly a bust..

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Brate, Oct 7, 2013.

  1. Brate

    Brate Bravado!

    Messages:
    126
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2011
    Well we got 4 nights booked at Galveston Island State Park, TX. Even though the forecast says 30% chance of rain the whole week my wife said "[_____] it, that only means there is a 70% chance it won't rain".
     
  2. tenttrailer

    tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

    Messages:
    3,161
    Likes Received:
    299
    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2013
    Location:
    Thornville, OH
    We got the pup out 3 times for a total of 18 nights. We winterized the camper in mid July because the wife became ill. Hopefully next year she will fell better and we will get out 8 to 15 times.
     
  3. mamabean5

    mamabean5 Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    7,248
    Likes Received:
    34
    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2009
    After caring for my father for a very long time, he passed last January. In March, when things started to clear, I made camping reservations for a trip every 3 weeks. Figured if I got one good summer before something happened with the other parents, I would be grateful. Well, we managed to enjoy two summers. It's all about to change again, but I am very thankful for each and every weekend we were able to camp. We've definitely learned to take life one day at a time and enjoy every trip with our pup!
     
  4. hotrodcamper

    hotrodcamper Member

    Messages:
    972
    Likes Received:
    15
    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2012
    I only got out 5 times for a total of 15 nights. By next year my divorce will be history and things can start getting back to normal.
     
  5. scubacamper

    scubacamper Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,257
    Likes Received:
    136
    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2013
    Location:
    Jacksonville, FL
    We're on number 4 with at least one more planned for November. That's about 2 more than when we used the tent last year. Also we actually didn't start until the Memorial Day weekend since I just purchased it over Easter of this year.
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.