Went Dark in a SunnyBrook TT!

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by DigitalGuru, Jul 15, 2019.

1. DigitalGuru

DigitalGuru Active Member

DW and I just took possession of a 1997 SunnyBrook 26FK as our "permanent" trailer at our recreation property in Northern MI. We kept our pup for travel camping, but wanted to save ourselves the setup / teardown hassle of the pup for our weekend trips to our riverside property. Everything works (so far), but we it looks like the previous seller didn't empty the tanks, so this is requiring us to get our septic connection up and working ASAP. SunnyBrooks have a great reputation for quality and great floor plans, esp. the older campers. We couldn't be happier! It even came with a small TV/VCR combo (the same ones that were being stole/sold in the first "The Fast and Furious" movie) and a nice selection of VHS movies! The carpet has been replaced with vinyl and the bad wallpaper has been painted as well, so much more pleasing interior.

https://imgur.com/a/vySZdwy

rjhammetter and J Starsky like this.
  2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new tt. Whereabouts is your property?

3. DigitalGuru

Just south of Gladwin. Just a little over 2 hour drive for us.

4. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Nice area. We've been looking for a couple of acres near Mio just to have our own private campground.

5. DigitalGuru

Mio was our northern boundary when we were looking, beautiful area. We were really trying to stay in the 2-3 hour range for quick weekend trips. So far it's been amazing!

eoleson1 likes this.
  6. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

Wow Nate, that was a great find! Short of being tank slackers someone took really good care of that coach. Congrats! Wish we could actually see it first hand

DigitalGuru likes this.
  7. DigitalGuru

Thanks RR. As the seller was driving away he remarked "I'm selling this for entirely to cheap!" His loss is my gain [:D]Next time you're in the Mitten let us know! Not sure if your 5er would be able to make into our property. But there are local campgrounds too!

8. RockyRoo

And he delivered it???? You must have beat him up pretty good.

Pretty familiar with the area, we have camped out at Wilson SP many times to see my sister and her kids over the years, she lives next to the elementary school in Gladwin. Glad this is all working out for you guys. Honestly not sure when we will be back up there, the rig is still in Ohio but it’s a 7.5 hour drive just to get back to it. We are giving pretty serious consideration to bringing it out this way next year and putting it on a seasonal site just to have it closer till we get more permanently settled.

9. DigitalGuru

Beat up or overpaid?! Just kidding it really is a good deal, never spent a winter outdoors and everything short of a few clips and door holders everything works good. When we saw it the first time the towing weight wasn't listed. I assumed due to its size to be in the 5k-7k lb range, but dry its only 4100 lb due to the aluminum structure. I asked if he would be willing to drop it off to save us the hassle and he agreed, for $100. I low balled him $200 so I still got it under listing. I didn't want to f* it up on the only (likely) trip it will ever make.

Wilson SP is in a great area. The park gets a little rowdy, I dated a girl in HS whose family owned a place across the lake from the SP. We could hear the park most holiday weekends well into the night. I hope you can get back to your camper soon. Let us know if you want to make a longer trip back home and stop by Gladwin!

10. RockyRoo

Something that helps the weight significantly is the lack of slides as well. They will also help it last much longer and more trouble free. If it has been stored indoors make sure you get up on the roof and check it over real well. Would hate for it to have bad sealant and go unnoticed at this point.

Wilson is a nice park but you are right, it gets a lot of locals and they can get a bit loud. We generally avoid camping holiday weekends at all costs, anywhere, for that very reason. I honestly don’t think we have any plans at this point to get back to a campground this year although if I don’t find a job sometime soon (it would probably help to look), I will head back up on my own to take it out for a weekend or 2

11. DigitalGuru

The sellers wife was resealing the roof the day we saw it. Hopefully she did a good job. Her hobby is improving and maintaining a camper, so she's the reason it looks as good as it does. It looked good at the time but I'll take advantage of the ladder and do a better inspection next time. Good point on the lack of slide outs, I think in the long run it will help keep it in better shape.

RockyRoo likes this.
  12. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! The camper looks great!

DigitalGuru likes this.