We're Home...... Perfect Weekend

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by themanfromvan, May 22, 2011.

1. themanfromvan

themanfromvan Van, PA - Near The PA Wilds

We just got home from our first trip of 2011. After a very, very wet and rainy spring, we lucked into an absolutely gorgeous weekend to be at Clear Creek State Park. It spit about 5 minutes worth of light rain on us while setting up on Friday. Other than that - it was dry !! In fact, I remarked to my DW that this was only about the 3rd time in 7 years that we didn't either have to wait for the PUP to dry out to close it up or have to tear down in the rain.

A little funny side story here..... the other day I remarked on the 'Worst Neighbor's" thread about being bombarded with a very poorly sung hymn one time. I kid you not..... at about 10 PM on Friday night, I hear the SAME song coming from 5 sites down, being sung by a group of college kids. Tremendous difference this time, though. The people could actually sing AND their guitar was in tune !! They quit singing by 10:30, though.

Here I am... Saturday AM on top of the Beartown Rocks lookout.......
    [​IMG]

What a great way to start Camping Season 2011 !!!

2. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Glad you had a great trip David. Nice(?)pic. :)

3. johnlely14hw

johnlely14hw New Member

Glad the trip was good! [:D]

4. andleton

andleton "Happy Campers"

Nice picture... Glad you had a great trip. We just got back from our first trip of the year also.. It just didn't last long enough..

5. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Glad you guys up North are finally getting some nice weather for camping. [SUN]

6. themanfromvan

themanfromvan Van, PA - Near The PA Wilds

Some of you may know, I got a new camera over the winter. It's a Canon Rebel xTi. I've been anxious to get up to Clear Creek to take some pictures with it. I really put it through it's paces this weekend, taking nearly 400 photos.....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]