What are the things that hold the door on the roof called?!

Our9arefine

Jul 2, 2014
The clips that hold the door to the roof of my pop up while it is closed are broken. I am trying to find replacements to no avail. Is there a special name for them?

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Have you tried contacting the manufacturer? Since they are still in business, they should be able to help. Having the year, model and VIN handy if you call, or including it in an email helps identity what you're looking for. If you contact them by email, if you include a photo of the broken clip, it would help, too.

http://www.coachmenrv.com/OwnerServices.aspx

http://www.coachmenrv.com/faq.aspx

Our9arefine

Jul 2, 2014
Thank you! That is such a logical thing to do I feel a bit foolish ;) I am hoping it is just because it is so new to me, out of my element! Thank you so much for the links!

oeagleo

Caching, and Photography!
Dec 20, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
If you're talking about the little white things that twist to hold the aluminum door plate down when the door is in place, I found them on E-bay, but I can't remember what they were called. I paid way too much for them, (something like $7.50 with shipping), and later found them at my local RV store for about $2 each. They're white, about an inch and a half long, by about 1/2 or 1/4 inch wide, and are secured to the camper top by a screw or pop rivet.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
As the others indicate, once you find out what they are called and/or are supposed to look like when whole, you may be able to find them locally or off the internet (Canvas Replacements and Bear Creek Canvas come to mind, as well as eBay and Amazon).
OTOH, there have been times where we've found that buying from a local dealer or over the phone or internet from RV places was actually cost-effective.

Many times, I have to balance how much time and patience I have for finding a great deal, versus getting the right thing into my hands quickly.

Our9arefine

Jul 2, 2014
I am actually looking for the things that screw into the roof. When we close it up we are supposed to be able to secure it to the ceiling. In the whole scheme of things it isn't a huge deal, I mean I don't even know if the door will stay in place once it is raised all the way because of a broken lift system. But it would just be nice to check something off this crazy long list!

Sumoman

Super Active Member
Mar 20, 2013
Depending on how red neck you are you could be calling them ratchet straps[emoji12]

gruss

Super Active Member
May 6, 2014
If you're talking about what I'm thinking of...I'd probably just use the holes/screws where they were and use a bungee cord. The snaps are a PITA in my opinion.

oeagleo

Caching, and Photography!
Dec 20, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
Our9arefine said:
I am actually looking for the things that screw into the roof. When we close it up we are supposed to be able to secure it to the ceiling.

Oh, if you mean the ones that actually hold the FOLDED door to the ceiling when you lower the roof, then my PUP just uses the twist/snaps, the flat portion slides through a rectangular hole in the door bottom, and then you turn the catch to secure it. Those should be found at just about any RV or even a hardware store, I've seen them used on canvas covers for pickup beds, or anywhere a taught canvas cover is used. When used with canvas, they go through a grommet. Raycfe, you got it!

swordfish

Super Active Member
Sep 27, 2010
Without seeing the picture, we are just guessing around.
I think it is called "Turn Buttons" in Coachman's. Found an online manual:

http://postimage.org/
In Fleetwoods, there are two snaps that snap onto the door frames.

Our9arefine

Jul 2, 2014
My plan was to take a bunch of pics, largely to post on here. But as chance had it, after 120 days of no rain we had a thunderstorm roll in. We just closed her up as quick as we could.

rcc

Jun 5, 2009
Hickory, NC
Not sure if you have found what you were looking for, but I needed these as well. After looking high and low I ended up going with eye screws. Just made sure they did poke all the way through the roof. All it too was a quarter of a turn and my door is stored.

Rhonda

The Postman

You gotta love Camping!!
Jul 20, 2009
Wishing I was at Waskesieu!!
My roof is held up by one of those too, and the PO put a small strap with snap rivets on it. I am going to change that by putting some ring fasteners in the roof and using a strap to hold it all in place. Simpler to use, and more effective in the long run. The door side is still a problem I have to fix, but another pair of rings and strap will probably fix that too.

WeRJuliIan

If it's "Aluminum", why not "Sodum" and "Uranum"?
May 15, 2014
Sarasota, FL
I managed to find a part number for these... Google 0501446 and you'll come up with a few sources ... but they're pricey. Some places want $8.00 for one, so if you want to replace them all (like I do).... [:(]