What are your 3 "Essentials" that you need when camping for several weeks....

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by pattimac00, May 17, 2011.

1. Craig57

Craig57 New Member

WOW 6 weeks!!
    Never done something like that before.
    I would start with a list of all the local WalMarts, Myers, Krogers or what have you in the areas you were going the be at. Seems strange but why try to pack that much stuff. You can't keep enough food fresh in a pop-up that long, shop every so often.
    Extra memory for the camera, 12 volt chargers or a inverter for your electronics chargers,
    WOW 6 weeks, I'll be dreaming of that tonight...

2. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

We did a 10 day trip to CO and UT last September. There is no way to bring enough fresh food because fridge is so small and coolers can stay cold only so long. No shame stopping off at grocery stores.

3. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

I just set aside a day every week or so for "provisioning." Get groceries, find a restaurant and get a fresh salad for lunch, get gas and propane, take a shower, get water (if I'm in or going to be in place without any), do the laundry, etc.

4. gusbell

gusbell New Member

Good Friends (meeting me there or making some at the CG), Good Food and Cold beer [:D]

5. ZPARTY

ZPARTY New Member

Beer, Burgers, and Fire!!

6. mred

mred 2008 Fleetwood Avalon, 2001 f350

Wife, (have to say that), Banjo, Wok...

7. jthomas124169

jthomas124169 Member

1) Underwear, I forgot it once [:O]
    2) I keep a small tool box in my pu with duck tape, velcro, needle and thread heavy duty for canvas repairs and light duty for smaller things, WD-40, an assortment of nuts, bolts, and screws, light bulbs for the pu lights, fuses for the pu, string and rope. I also keep an umbrella in the pu.
    3) Spices and other non perishables

8. mspontiac

mspontiac Member

1. Pop-up [PU]
    2. Truck to pull pop up with [PU] [TV]
    3. Husband [:)C]

Just kidding.... [;)] Now for the real list:

1. Cooler
    2. Flashlights
    3. Cleaning supplies (I know that is more than one item, but you can choose what is most important to you...for me, it's Lysol wipes. Or dishsoap, hand soap, body soap, scrub sponges, etc...)

9. hollywood703

hollywood703 New Member

Depends if you have power or not or access to power. I bought a small solar panel that had aligator clips/ and an attachment for 12v on it, if I cant power up for a long period of time i keep that attached all day and seems to limit my need to get alternate power. It also is helpful when fishing I have one in my boat to keep battery charged full while out on lake listening to radio, fishfinder etc , just in case.

10. rustyinky

rustyinky New Member

Oh how I wish I were facing this problem...I'd give anything for a three day weekend right now much less 6 weeks. But anyway, for me it's bottled water. All opinions about bottled water aside, if you are a bottled water drinker you might want to stock up, we took a trip last week and water was $12.00 a case once we hit the tourist trap, $3.99 at Walmart.