What Are Your Big Camping Trips Planned for 2019

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by kcsa75, Jan 1, 2019.

1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

@silvermickey2002 - Have a great time, for the wedding and Grand Canyon. Going from Golden to North Rim will not exactly be a straight shot!
    (BIL lives in Arvada, works in Golden, it's always interesting for us to get there from ABQ, or from some of the places we camp close enough to drive in for the day.)

2. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

HAHA!! My SIL lives in Arvada!! Her daughter just moved to Commerce City about a year ago.

kitphantom likes this.
  3. Mat Kyne

Mat Kyne Member

I'm in Texas we have a nearly year round camping season (excluding August). The trips I have taken and have planned so for for 2019:
    1. Jan. 4-6 @ Palmetto State Park
    2. Feb. 15-17 @ Lost Maples State Natural Area
    3. Mar. 14-17 @ Jellystone Park Hill Country
    4. Apr 19-21 @ Garner State Park
    5. May 3-5 @ Lake Sommerville State Park - Birch Creek
    6. May 24-27 @ Inks Lake State Park
    7. Jun. 21-22 @ Carlsbad KOA (New Mexico)
    8. Jun. 24-26 @ South Rim of the Grand Canyon (Arizona)
    9. Jun. 26-29 @ Zion River Resort (Utah)
    10. Jun 29-Jul. 1 @ Archview RV Resort (Utah)
    11. Jul. 1-5 @ YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch (Colorado)
    12. Aug. 30-Sep 2 @ Jamaica Beach RV Resort
    I still haven't planned anything for October-December yet, but we try to get out once a month. We are taking our first long trip with the kids this summer. There is a lot of driving for our two week trip. Hell, just getting out of Texas is a 9-hour trip. I am a lucky man.

4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Disney for 14 days in October / November. So a far drive from nj. Hope fort wilderness is worth it!
    Summer i will hit up the rally by Niagara falls, so pretty far ride but will be a nice guage to see how much time it will take to get to disney! I will hit up the six flags for a few days un darien lake on the way back. They have there own campground!

kcsa75 and CatzWilson like this.
  5. Nani2

Nani2 Active Member

Our trips:
    This weekend McKinney in N Ga
    Disney in April with daughter, son in law, and 3 boys not camping
    Camp near Gulf Coast Easter weekend with son and daughter in law
    Mother’s Day probably Stone Mountain
    Disney late May with daughter's family not camping
    June camp weekend probably stone mountain
    4th July camp with son and his wife central Alabama
    August and other times when we can weekends to McKinney
    Late August Disney for Star Wars opening short trip planned when opening date was announced
    September week at Disney just husband and I
    December week Disney just husband and I

So many of us go to Disney. Would a thread of our dates to set up a meet and greet be appealing? We will be trying the Fort next year when our Disney APs expire. Will have Sea World and Disney waterpark passes.

Sjm9911 and CatzWilson like this.
  6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I like that idea, we could put our disney trips in one thread. I also joined on the dis boards. They have a camping section there, but not like here. And most of them have the giant campers woth all the glam attached. Our own thread here would be cool.

7. CatzWilson

CatzWilson New Member

May 2019: Hubby and I headed up to the White River for some camping and trout fishing. If you're in Bulls Shoals State Park.... holler :) Going to try out our hand drill to lift the top on our Jayco Sport Series 10SD....bringing manual crank JIC. Camp on peeps :)

kcsa75 and Sjm9911 like this.
  8. mdcamping

mdcamping Member

I first posted in January but made some changes so I will just re post everything

For April: 4 nights. For almost 10 years I have been doing our yearly camping, trout fishing trip on the Natchaug River at Nickerson family campground in CT as my 2 boys go also!

May: 3 nights at Copake Camping Resort In NY, as they have some rail trails that we plan on taking our Hybrid bikes on.

June : 4 nights at Camden Hills State Park ME. Very scenic area I have been told. Lots of artsy shops for my better half, biking, kayaking!

July: 4 nights at knobels PA as we still meet up with our RV friends that we have been seeing for many years

Aug. is our 2 week trip. We will start our trip at Hartwick Highlands Campground at Cooperstown NY for 4 nights, as I am a big baseball fan and love the country feel of the area. Next we will meet with the same RV friends at Association Lake KOA on Lake Ontario for 3 Nights. After which kathleen and I will be heading up to Lake POG at Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario for 4 nights. Then back to 1000 island Ivy Lea KOA at 1000 island NP Ontario for 2 nights. We will finish our trip with a 1 night stay at Turning Stone NY. (one thing of note I built in more stops and kept the stops under 300 miles as I am having a harder time driving over 8hrs/300 miles)

Sept: 4 nights, still up in the air, but maybe Atlantic Oaks again at Cape Cod Eastham MA. as we love the cape!

OCT: 4 nights Not planned yet as we will probably join up with our same RV friends and we usually plan it out together when we meet in July

Mike

CatzWilson, kcsa75 and Sjm9911 like this.
  9. mdcamping

mdcamping Member

If you haven't been to Assateague don't forget to bring road bikes and if possible kayaks. Lots of level biking. On the bay side you can kayak up to the horses eating on the shore marshes where you can get close up pics! They also have a kayak launch and rentals over at Assateague Island National Seashore Campground.

Mike

LucythePUP likes this.
  10. MNTCamper

MNTCamper Active Member

You'll love snow mountain ranch. We spent 4 nights there a few years ago at a family reunion and it was wonderful. Lots to do there and easy to drive into RMNP.

Mat Kyne likes this.
  11. Jeep Guy

Jeep Guy Active Member

We have a bunch of trips planned within an hour or two from our house. Our biggest trip this summer will be to go from Louisiana to Galveston Island State Park in Texas. We will be there for 3 nights and will be camping about 60 feet from the beach.
    I am excited for our trip during Easter break next year, 2020. We will be taking my daughter to Fort Wilderness Campground at Disney in Florida. We have everything booked already and it will be a surprise trip.

kcsa75 and Mat Kyne like this.
  12. Mat Kyne

Mat Kyne Member

I've been to Galveston SP. It is OK, but lacking. If you are able I would check out Jamaica Beach RV Resort. It's just 5 miles down the street from the SP, but it has just about everything you could ask for. It's about $60/night, which I'll admit is more than double the price of the State Park ($25/night), but in my opinion worth every penny. We stayed there for 3 nights last October and loved it. We are going there again with the in-laws this September. Just a thought.

Jeep Guy likes this.
  13. Trout Camper

Trout Camper New Member

The great road trip 2019!
    We live near the Canadian border north of Seattle and will be making a “graduation” road trip in June southern destination is Zion NP with a two night stay enroute at Yosemite Lakes Thousand trails. We’ve 17 days Return trip will likely take us through Utah, Colorado and Yellowstone. We have two nights between Yosemite and Zion so looking for ideas and good locations perhaps Sequoia NP area? Will probably pick up a KOA catalog of parks for options. Soliciting suggestions on campgrounds from members, thanks! Happy campers!

kcsa75 likes this.
  14. Dback2k4

Dback2k4 Active Member

No big trips for me this year, I'm afraid. I launched a new side business last year that fills up almost every Saturday afternoon. So probably a lot of local county park trips for Friday night, drive into town to work Saturday, and go back out for Sunday afternoon.

I will probably try to get one extended weekend trip back up to South Haven, MI this summer, though. One of my favorite spots and I can't work all the time!

I used to live in the Phoenix East Valley and a couple years down in Tucson. If you can get up in the mountains, it's gorgeous camping weather in July. I highly recommend Mt. Lemmon outside of Tucson! Otherwise, if you're down in the valleys/desert, bring lots of bottled water and fans!

I thought about doing this a couple years back with the Iowa state parks. It's on my bucket list...

Andy G. and kcsa75 like this.
  15. PotaFam

PotaFam New Member

Watkins Glen is a favorite childhood camping memory- Have fun!

kcsa75 and mdcamping like this.
  16. mdcamping

mdcamping Member

Love the Wine, beer & cheese trail around scenic Seneca Lake! :cool:

Mike

17. Dan Wilson

Dan Wilson Active Member

My wife and I each picked a spot, me, the Porcupine Mountains in the UP and her, the Badlands in S.D. There will be more of course.

pattishadow and kcsa75 like this.
  18. tcbrady

tcbrady Active Member

For the girlfriend and I our first trip of the year will be our most memorable and fun, she just doesn't know it yet. I'm taking advantage of the fact that our first trip of the year I always go up to the site before her to get things unpacked and set up from sitting all winter. This year will be a little more involved since I've got it all planned to get the camper decked out and ready to pop the big question when she gets there after work. [:D] T-3 days and yes, starting to get nervous! [XX(]

Fishman1, pattishadow, kcsa75 and 3 others like this.
  19. penny

penny Well-Known Member

Well, we usually wait to see what our kids schedule and plans are. This summer they have suggested a trip to N coast of CA. 2/3 of our kids and their families will be there. should be a lot of fun. We are going to an out of the way little town, Cayucos, for an "RV park" type of trip. basically, camper turns into a beach cottage. We will take a few days to get there, camping on the way.

The rest of the year, we will get away as many times to as many places as we can.

kcsa75 likes this.
  20. Trout Camper

Trout Camper New Member

Added two nights at Bryce Canyon to the itinerary