What are your Labor Day Weekend plans?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by fourhallatts, Aug 27, 2017.

1. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

We will be spending Labor Day at my in-laws property near Alex Bay NY. After 7 years of bringing up our pup they finally let us put in a stone pad on their 2nd lot so we had a level spot. We will arrive on Friday (and have the place to ourselves since Syracuse University has a football game Fri. night, woohoo). The end of the year association picnic is on Sunday afternoon with a bonfire that night. Unfortunately we have to leave early on Monday for my youngest son's cross country practice. Happy camping everyone!

2. mpotapa

mpotapa Member

I'll be going up to Port Austin, MI, to stay in some cabins. I have been going here since I was 10 and now I'm 34. My Aunt and Uncle used to take my cousin's and I but now they have a place on the lake in Port Austin so my cousins and I and a bunch of friends rent the cabins and my Uncle has a big BBQ at his place on Saturday. Should be lots of fun.

geekgurl64 likes this.
  3. momofEAP

momofEAP Member

We are going to a KOA in Salina, our first trip out with the pup! I am sure there will be a LOT of things that go wrong but it will give the kids a chance to go swimming one last time this year. So excited!!

4. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Going out on the 5th when everyone else is gone.

bob barnes, Aneemal33, D_Gibb and 3 others like this.
  5. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Backyard camping with DD. Smoke a brisket and some ribs have a few beers and have a great weekend, weather suppose to be good here. Will drain and blow water from lines, water heater and put the old gal up until next spring, should get to pull the camper a couple of more times to friends property but will not use water system do to him having bath facilities at the cabin, just extra sleeping quarters.

Everyone have a Great Labor Day weekend, and say a special prayer for our fiends in the Houston and surrounding area.

6. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

Nothing. But a day or two afterward either heading to Red Lodge MT (Beartooth Highway) for a few days camping then to Cody WY area for another few days. Or maybe Cody first, then Red Lodge. Haven't decided which route to take. My last trip will be Moab in October.

crackerJack and kcsa75 like this.
  7. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Staying home, BBQ ,I try not go on the roads during holidays, It is less noisy and more peaceful and relaxing here at home.

8. generok

generok Well-Known Member

We're going to boondock in gravel pit off the side of the road to caribou and moose hunt. The PUP is just a place to sleep and cook food, but it will be there.

Doing this is one of the only times I feel in a low rent district. Most guys there (probably 100 or so rigs if the hunting is good) pull in with toy haulers with generators and are completely self contained. There are no services there, so that's fantastic. After a long hunt and the sun is down, they come in, genny up, nuke some chili and watch a movie until it's time to wake up and do it again. Man, I want to do that! Anyway, that's our plan.

bob barnes likes this.
  9. Bowman3d

Bowman3d Well-Known Member

Hauling the Pup to the San Bernardino mts to do some archery bear hunting.

10. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

Staying home and avoiding the holiday weekend madness.

11. dirkdabass

dirkdabass Member

Came back early from Wells, Maine for last night's gig on Long Beach Island. Leaving Wednesday for the Delaware Valley Bluegrass Festival in Woodstown, NJ, "roughing" it at the Salem County Fair Grounds: many friends, good music, great campground picking.

12. pasobuff

pasobuff Active Member

Heading out Friday to camp at my in laws house in Columbia County, NY for the weekend...... I'm working Saturday so I'll have a nice hotel room all to myself in Port Henry NY after the fireworks show up there.... Heading home Monday at some point.....

13. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Well-Known Member

Heading straight in to chaos... camping at a private campground near the Wisconsin Dells with 3 other families! But should be fun for the kids to play with friends and swim and for us to catch up with our old friends.

14. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Nothing. We prefer to stay home on holidays to avoid the crazies. I usually take a day off and make my own holiday weekend when it is less busy. Plus it is still too hot for me to really enjoy camping.

rich2 likes this.
  15. WeRJuliIan

WeRJuliIan If it's "Aluminum", why not "Sodum" and "Uranum"?

Probably, cleaning and drying out the camper from this weekend's trip to Oscar Scherer. SP ... Relaxing, but very wet.

I try to avoid the roads on holiday weekends, and especially towing.

Ian, the rained-upon man from Scotland

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    rich2 likes this.
  16. xvz12

xvz12 Well-Known Member

Absolutely nothing.....we went camping this weekend (just got back), & have plans to go camping with the kids & grandkids the weekend AFTER Labor Day. Let everybody else enjoy the craziness.

rich2 likes this.
  17. campagain

campagain Active Member

I am hesitant to camp on Labor Day wknd. All the amateurs show up on those weekends, cutting through sites, being ignorant and loud, it's a huge bummer. I endured it for 4 July only because I had just gotten my pup, otherwise I would have been at home.

rich2 likes this.
  18. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with Campagain... starting the weekend after Labor Day, I have four weekends booked, the last ending at Halloween. I much prefer quieter weekends!

rich2 likes this.
  19. crackerJack

crackerJack Well-Known Member

My DS won a spot in the starting backfield on his youth football team. The opening game is next weekend. So we cancelled a trip to LBL. Land Between the Lakes National Rec Area

20. Douggro

Douggro Active Member

Staying home and playing mechanic. Changing out a half-shaft on the son's new Subaru and then tie rod ends on the oldest daughter's Dodge. Still way better than fighting LD traffic. DW and I are heading out on the 8th for a weekend at Seaquest SP, after the kids are back in school.