What awning for 2007 Niagara?

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by SPopupFamily, May 15, 2014.

1. SPopupFamily

SPopupFamily New Member

We have a 2007 Fleetwood Niagara that has the rails but no bag awning. Anyone know what brand/size will fit that PUP?

2. CREEPPINGCHARLIE

CREEPPINGCHARLIE CAMPING RECHARGES THE HUMAN MIND

Check with Carefree of Colorado, they sell a bag type called Campout. My guess is you will need a 12 foot. Measure your rails for correct size. [8D] [PU] [PUT]

3. pixel

pixel Campers: Nature's way of feeding mosquitoes. Unkn.

SPopupFamily,

You have a 14 ft box, and that is the awning size you need. Check out
    http://colemanpopupparts.com they have third party awnings that will work for you. Another option is to look on craigslist or ebay. They show up there sometimes.

Pixel

4. jab2181

jab2181 New Member

X2, We just installed our Carefree and it is awesome! I love how easy it is to set up and how much shade it gives us plus an awesome warranty. We found a small pin hole in ours and contacted them and a week later we had a replacement bag/awning,,, so no I have a spare lol.

5. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Shademaker XL.

Put one on our Niagara last year and love it.

6. SPopupFamily

SPopupFamily New Member

Thank you so much! Were they easy to install on your own or should we take it to a dealer to install?

7. jab2181

jab2181 New Member

I installed mine on my own, carefree is pretty simple.

8. Milktrk

Milktrk New Member

If the awning track is there already you just have to slide in the new one, but if you have to install the track there is hardware that you can order and install yourself pretty easily as well

9. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Ill add to this..if the track is present then yes its a simple slide the bag in place. Depending on brand you might have to assemble the frame and mounts the side mounts to the trailer--still easy stuff..

If you add a Shademaker or Carefree that has the mounts on the trailer more like a normal RV then put it up at home and leave it up for a little...We didnt test our new Shademaker after installing and soon as we put it up on the first trip the rail pulled off the trailer..

The repair was easy with some 3M marine adhesive and a few screws...Just be aware of the condition of the original adhesive on the rail.