What camper would you get if you went dark?

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by Freedom72, May 22, 2016.

1. threebeachboys

threebeachboys Active Member

I'm pretty happy with our Aliner; sort of quasi-dark?

But I like either of these:

http://www.kz-rv.com/products/spree-escape-travel-trailers/E14RBT.html
    http://www.kz-rv.com/products/spree-escape-travel-trailers/E170S.html

But storage and ease-of-towing issues are the hold-backs.

2. BigRedTruck

BigRedTruck Member

I second that. DW and I would love an Airstream! Probably would have to buy used as they go from $70,000 to well over $100,000 new.

3. sewingcybermom

sewingcybermom New Member

My dream DARK camper for the moment is a Rockwood 2304DS or Flagstaff 23fbds. The interior is really big, the shower is enclosed, the double slide layout leaves tons of open space for grandkids if we should want to kidnap them for the weekend, a sofa, huge dinette and a REAL BED. A murphy bed, but yes....a REAL bed that I don't have to climb into! Please send some good karma our way for selling our beloved 23ikss, because I REALLY REALLY want to order this camper!!

http://www.haylettautoandrv.com/rv/coldwater+mi/forestriver+traveltrailer/6066/forest+river+rockwood+ultra+lite+2304ds

4. windjammer

windjammer Rather be Camping. "All that wonder are not lost!"

I had my finance stand up in shower, checking if hie could clear top of shower. That was one important things we looked at. If we could pass by each other in camper was another option.

5. bols2Dawall

bols2Dawall S.W. Ontario

I really like that one too , my issue though is with the too soft for me couch , that would mess up my back in no time . I prefer the firmer leather(ette) couch some of the other makes have .

6. Nandy

Nandy Active Member

One with a light...

[​IMG]

7. idler

idler Member

My short list is now T@b Max S or Alto Safari Condo (two year waiting list, I heard). For a bazillion dollars more than I would ever want to spend, a 16' Airstream or larger Oliver trailer with all the bells. And even more would be a fancy Mercedes Sprinter van.

Realistically, I could see myself with the T@b Max X in the next five years IN ADDITION to my pup.

8. jjmac

jjmac Member

Oh my lucky you! My oldest is 17. My youngest is 10 months! Yours are old enough you can plan your TT as if you did not have kids, and simply make additional arrangements (blow up mattress on the floor? :) ) when you do! Then again all my oldes kids are rough and tumble boys and I'd have no problem making them rough it in a tent with no a/c when necessary!

9. upstate family

upstate family Member

We plan on keeping our Pup for a long time. But when we do get something else it will be a hybrid. We saw this one recently and fell in love. I just wish hybrids had king beds.

Attached Files:

10. durhamcamper

durhamcamper Active Member

It will be a hybrid for us for sure. I'm not interested in slide-outs, bunks etc and want something that will fit in our driveway when it's home. We love being outdoors when camping.....it's why we have a popup. We don't use our sink and we do all the cooking outside to keep the smells out. I want an out-side stove, like we have now.I would love to find a hybrid without a bathroom as I don't intend on playing the 'wait in line at the pump-out forever before I head home' game. Unfortunately, I think all tt's and hybrids come with bathrooms. We just won't use it, but it would be a shame because that space could be better used for storage.
    Ceiling height is a challenge for me as well. I'm 6'4" and a couple of the hybrids I have looked at were too low, especially where the air-con unit was. It's going to be a challenge for sure...........but I really like the idea of quick set-up for travelling as well as cupboards up top instead of just down low.

11. Deb M

Deb M New Member

I miss the simplicity of our old no-slide Class C - being able to simply pull off the road to use the potty or fix a snack; and when camping, just throw out the power cord and go to sleep after a day of sightseeing. Maybe some day - but for now, we don't have enough free time to justify the cost of a larger RV.

12. tonyshell

tonyshell Member

We have our eyes on a KZ 231BHS. Nice and open, lots of windows, big U shaped dinette in the slidout and bunks for the kids on the opposite side of the trailer.

13. papa and gram

papa and gram New Member

We just bought an A Frame, still pops up and tows great.

14. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Any bunkhouse.

15. sewingcybermom

sewingcybermom New Member

We're selling our 23ikss, and it's a beauty!! Sure you want to wait?? 17,500.00 or best offer. Warranty till 2018.

Attached Files:

16. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Beautiful HTT! Surely, someone will jump on this gem. Really nice!

17. generok

generok Well-Known Member

I'm going to recant my answer. The DW and I have decided to go in a toy hauler direction. She wanted something to use as a base for hunting, which was really cool with me. Something along the 28' lines. We're going to have to go used to get the size we want with the options we want in our price range. They are available around here, we just need to be able to pounce when we see the one we want this spring. We want a genny, electric queen bed in garage, walk around queen in the master, and enough garage to hold a full-sized Ranger.

Maybe something like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

With this topic it opens up another topic: TV

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

19. saltysenior

saltysenior Member

I camped for many years....started w/ a tent, then a P/U , then about 5 years w/ a 19' Scotty that rotted out, and the last 10 in a small P/U. looking at stuff (20') or less without slideouts...my old Scotty would put anything new on the market now to shame as far as livability .....19 footers feel like a shoebox w/ no storage space inside.....I don.t know what happened to the layout they had...the only thing missing was a microwave...

20. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

How we get around the departure dump dilemma is a large portable dump tank that we can empty early before the line develops.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk