What camping gear are you buying for Christmas presents/or hoping to get as one?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Ken1967, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Ken1967

Ken1967 Can't wait to Camp!

I just purchased a zero gravity chair for my Darling Fiancee! I am hoping I get a fold up kitchen for cooking on!

2. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

vent covers, patio mat, fun stuff like that. Already got some nice awning lights for my birthday in November. Now if I could just camp and use em.

3. catmanblue

catmanblue Only thing better then fishin is campin and fishin

I got the DW a zero gravity lounge, dutch oven and a 15" cast iron skillet. Everything she asked for. [BBQ]

4. Ern510

Ern510 lets go glamping .. really babe all that

a nice little welder so i can move the propain tank and fab up a battery stay oh and cut off the broke and missing stablizer in the rear from PO {tore it off } and weld on a new one .. i figured its cheaper to get one for the work rather to sub it out ,, plus at the end ill have a new toy .. HEY

5. Hanne

Hanne New Member

I bought [PU] a Sandisk Sansa Clip+ MP3 player and an X-Mini II capsule speaker.
    I'm also shopping around for a small travel alarm clock with a thermometer.

6. Tomminny

Tomminny 2004 Jayco Qwest 10K

I am hoping to get a dutch oven from my son as he dropped and broke ours this summer.

7. bburgcamper

bburgcamper 16 weekends a year camping just isn't enough.

I bought my DW a NTU camper, a couple of dutch oven books, hoping for a BAL leveler and a few other goodies.

8. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper

I bought myself a nice Leatherman for $22! [:D] (I carry it next to my heart! [:)C])

[​IMG]

9. chrismarques

chrismarques New Member

I was told our new pup IS my Christmas present!

10. catmanblue

catmanblue Only thing better then fishin is campin and fishin

Love those things. I have had mine for 8 years, given to me as a birthday present. Has hung on my side all day every day since.

11. shirlchap

shirlchap New Member

Our ntu pup is our Christmas present to each other along with a new porta potty and 2 zero gravity chairs. DH bought me the book Popping UP Across America to go on my Nook. I couldn't wait til Christmas to start reading it. We also ordered a Pop Up ornament. We are looking to buy shelves to go inside. As soon as the weather warms up a bit, after Christmas, we hope to be able to take "her" out again for the second time.

12. BarbaraFaith

BarbaraFaith New Member

DH & I agreed that our Christmas Present this year would be our (non-camping) trip this February to our "Happy Place" on Treasure Island, FL. Well, on Thanksgiving Day, K-Mart had a 10 x 10 screen tent for $29.99 (regularly $74.99). I told DH that that was the only thing that I wanted, and he said go for it. So at 8 a.m. Thanksgiving a.m. I was at K-Mart and got the only one on the shelf. One day I was at Walmart, and in their "as seen on TV shelf" they had the Old Brooklyn Lantern. I bought 2, with the idea of keeping one for us and giving the other to our camping friends as a hostess gift when we attend their Christmas Open House. The last time we camped, they were having trouble with their lantern, and borrowed one of ours. When I told DH that I had bought 2, he said we should have 2, (His & Her's), so we're getting 2 lanterns.

13. johnsagraves

johnsagraves New Member

Battery isolator since I carry 2 golf cart batteries in the TV. Extension cable for Peak wireless camera to bring the transmitter closer to TV. Better reception I hope.

14. Ken1967

Ken1967 Can't wait to Camp!

Love it! We all have our list! Let's hope Santa has time to log onto popuportal before Christmas! [PU]

15. Hanne

Hanne New Member

That's an excellent deal on a screen tent! My FIL gave us one of those lanterns prior to our first trip out, this fall. I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. We got plenty of use out of it, and it puts out a nice bright adjustable-level light. The battery life is very good, too.

16. Steve A

Steve A A bad day camping beats a great day at work!

She's getting a Coleman Hot Water On Demand with shower and hose attachments. After one of our Apache friends pulled one out of their camper, CJ decided that was what she wanted. Okay, dear!

17. HiFiDave

HiFiDave Singin round the campfire

We have stayed at a few state camp grounds that had wi-fi last year. Sadly, we struggled with reception from the laptop alone. Well, what we need is a good external antenna and repeater. So I'll run this antenna up with my mast for the T.V. and pull in that sucka well. I dropped the link to this on the DW a while back, hope she got the hint!
    [​IMG]

18. Harhir

Harhir New Member

Building new side walls for the roof.... No other camping stuff otherwise... lol

Not the right topic but Funny:
    My son wants an xbox 360. So I showed him this video and what xbox he will get .... He did NOT think it was funny... But you parents will love it... Watch the end of that video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAG39jKi0lI#ws
    [/url]

19. Yooperwannabe

Yooperwannabe Active Member

I got each of my nephews, age 10 and 11, their own pie iron and a ladder ball game to share. I also got my DH a new sleeping bag for when he has to sleep in the tent with the scouts.

20. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

Everyone got Kamik Pearsons cold weather boots. They (Pearsons only) are made in Canada, and much better quality than Sorels, which are now all made in China....