What did you buy for under bunk seal?

Discussion in 'Mystery Parts' started by MabelJ, Jul 24, 2016.

1. MabelJ

MabelJ Member

Took me 2 years to notice (or I forgot) - the one bunk has duct tape underneath where there should be some kind of grey rubber weatherstripping. (see pic)

Anyone have a name or picture of the missing piece and how you replaced it?
    I read some suggestions to use a garage door seal. Is there inly one type? Haven't a clue what to look/ask for.

Attached Files:

2. MabelJ

MabelJ Member

How do I get to that edge of the trailer to work on it ?
    i.e. the seal is attached to the upper rim of the trailer box and the loose edge sweeps/brushes the underside of the bunk.

I found the original seal - I think we can reuse it for now. I can see where it was stapled down along the top edge of the trailer box. PO replaced the one on the other bunk evidently.

YIKES! We're missing the entire aluminum top ledge hardware for that front wall of the trailer!
    What can we do as a quick fix to prevent any further rain entering ?

3. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

I fixed that with a better design rubber seal like this one shown here cut and glued on the top of the inside end wall under the tent bed wood platform. I had to cut a small opening in a couple of spots for things mounted to the bottom of the tent bed floor.

[​IMG]

I don't remember ordering mine from the address in the photo - I order almost everything from AMAZON so that is probably where I found it.

Mine was so bad you look straight into it from the hall way and see day light when the tent bed was pulled out...

It let in all kinds of night bugs when we had the lights on inside the trailer...

I also lined both tent bed floors with the 2' x 2' stick on carpet squares from Lowes. This really helped making it better temperatures for sleeping.

All nice and sealed now.

Roy Ken

4. MabelJ

MabelJ Member

First pic is the bunk end where PO put a nice new seal.

Second pic is bunk end we need to fix - not just the seal, we need to do something about the missing aluminum and plastic corner pieces (compare to other pic).
    Third pic - a view from inside to the edge where the old seal was stapled onto from the inside. It's an L shaped vinyl (v shape?)

How do we expose this ledge of the trailer in order to work on it?
    This is the front bunk over the tongue.

Attached Files:

5. MabelJ

MabelJ Member

Duck tape to the rescue!
    We were able to push that bed into the camper far enough such that we could access it. I restapled the old seal in place [PUC] and then duct taped where the aluminum should be.