Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by KJcachers, Jun 1, 2011.
Registered and got the new decals.
Painted the ABS roof with rubber silicon roofing paint. Bought three new tires, had the bearings replaced, replaced the broken plastic bag awning track with a black aluminum track, oh and installed a brand new 13,500BTU AC for our trip to the right coast next week. Have to battle that humidity somehow. A few weeks ago I completed the simple yet VERY affective shelving mod in the kitchen area. Going to complete the refrigerator fan mod this weekend. Does this ever end? hehehe
went and picked up the screws and washers and secured the new vinyl. Also have the new velcro attached to the underside of the bunkend thats in the shade at the moment. ( went with Gorilla Glue and screws...hoping that works ) will hopefully get the other end done this evening when the other side is in the shade....and the UV & Humidex values are lower.....
I just got some of the veneer on a couple of drawer fronts glued back down. Noticed the other day the veneer was turning loose, so I went thru the whole camper and checked it all. Found about three places turning loose.
This past weekend I:
- had all new radial tires installed on the existing rims....2 active and one spare!
- took the time while the PUP was jacked up to clean and repack the bearings on both sides
- mounted the plastic storage tote on the front frame of the trailer...this involved moving the externally mounted propane regulator about 4 inches towards the center of the unit.
- cleaned and prepped for my race trip to Kansas this weekend!!!
last night the neighbours and us hung out in it playing boggle and dice, determining that it is comfy to hang out in on rainy days lol, that the lamp we have in it is great, that its not too bad to be in while it is raining ( it was raining ) that its a great getaway from Our kids.....the neighbours kids kept harrassing them but thats nothing new....
today we bought stuff at yard sales for it!!!
I'm going to open it up and unload it from my last trip (returned yesterday).
My husband made a table for the outside! He used 3/4 " plywood sanded and polyeurathaned it. He attached a piece of metal shelf bracket to the underside of the plywood. It fits nicely over the existing bracket on the camper. It has a leg that comes off and it all stows on the bunk end.
Finally got to camp in it! It's been a long winter and even longer spring!
Now I'm trying to figure out what broke in the cassette potti The blade thingy will open and we can use it, but it doesn't close properly. So for now it stays open and am using a beer cup to plug the hole.
This week installed fan-tastic fan, radio and thermostat with help from a friend.
I did the frig fan mod and added a 12V circuit.
I just came in from washing it thoroughly, top to bottom. That is a job with a Trailmanor. I needed a 6' stepladder to get at the tops of the shells. It took two hours but it looks good! I'll fold it up later, after it drys and then take it back to the storage yard tomorrow. I'm hoping to go out again week after this coming week.
UT, what did you use on your TM? Ours needs to be done when we get back next week. Thanks in advance.
I used Turtle Wax Gold Series Car Wash. It is the same stuff I have always used on my cars and trucks. It is recommended for clear coats and won't strip off wax.
Dripping A/C repair and cleaned her up for its maiden voyage for Fathers day weekend. Cant Wait!!
Picked up a sway bar at Harbor Freight. Replaced the butyl tape on the storage lid of my 02 Coleman Utah. Picked up some flag holders to modify the canopy poles.
Sanitized and flushed the fresh water tank and rest of fresh water system. Camping at a state park next weekend and will us the fw tank.
Finally took a look at the Thetford C4 toilet that came with my 99 Coleman Utah. Looks like the PO put sanitizer in the freshwater tank some time ago but it doesn't appear to have damaged the pump or seals.
Pumped the top tank empty and filled it with clear water. Sprayed out the waste tank. All is well...
OK, call me lazy, but I didn't get the cover on my PUP this winter. I didn't get around to it in Novermber, and then WHAM! Snow, snow, snow. There was never any time that it didn't have snow or ice on it long enough to dry out and get the cover on.
As a result, it got moldy. I picked up some Behr Mold & Mildew Stain Remover at Home Depot and gave it a try. I had to make sure the roof was down so it didn't get on the fabric. It's not bleach, but it doesn't recommend using it on fabric and I don't want to shell out a grand to replace mine.
All I can say is WOW! I sprayed it on with a tank sprayer. It smells really nice, too. Then I wiped it off with a wet sponge. It cleaned 95% of the mildew off easily. I had to redo around my A/C because it was heavily stained, but it still came out much better than I expected.