What did you do to/for your camper today - June 2011

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by KJcachers, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flip_floppin

flip_floppin New Member

Holy moly you are and will be busy [:D]

2. CarNutCass

CarNutCass Put a little gravel in your travel

Yesterday, I replaced a broken vent pipe cap on the roof of our camper. I was cleaning the roof Saturday and just barely touched the existing plastic cap and it shattered. UV is the enemy. The replacement cap is galvanized steel.

3. DSCinVegas

DSCinVegas New Member

Ordered a black Vent Cover for my PUP today. Silly I guess, considering I rarely have camped in the rain, but figured it would look kinda cool. LOL. Anyone have experience on adding one post-market? Did you add additional adhesive and or screws to secure it ? I believe it comes with H-D double tape?

[​IMG]

4. chrisc

chrisc New Member

i rebuilt 3 sides on roof the on of lifts came out due to unseen rotten wood lucky caught it b4 it broke it lifted bed rail to without breaking nothing so got lumber to fix got all new laminated cherry wood panel and going to order laminated floor cherry color.

5. IV Nurse

IV Nurse New Member

Scrubbed her from the roof down. What a job! Gotta say LA Totally Awesome was...totally awesome in removing the black road grime from the textured roof. Used it full strength followed by good rinse.

Still have some black streaks on the sides even after the scrubbing. Have heard a product called "Reliable" is good. Anyone used this before?

Also noticed some green moss or mold under the edge of the airconditioner. Just on the roof, not inside, thank goodness. Couldn't really reach it from the ladder and wondering how to clean it.

Thanks in advance for the info.

6. bondo54

bondo54 Well-Known Member

Replaced outside shower faucets. Leaked around nobs.

7. kjcamper

kjcamper Member

I have a Flagstaff Classic 625D and I decided to do the grey water mod of combining the sink and shower. Shower is on front right side of camper and sink left rear. I cut the drain for shower, and glued new pipe so I could run the shower under camper diagonally to in front of tire. I have a full bubble pitch on that pipe. I then made a drain for sink with an air vent up higher than top of sink. I used 1.5 inch dwv pipe so it has very good flow. Now at point where they meet it can drain into blue tote, or with a different adapter it can go into a sewer hook up. As soon as I finish and test I will post pics. I have to finish the brackets that attach the pipe up to the frame yet and get a hose to go from sink pipe to the y junction from the shower. I think it will work fine but not sure yet. One thing I did was install a couple of unions in the system so it can be easily taken apart if I need to.

8. KateTheKamper

KateTheKamper Member

Started doing the same thing a few nights ago and quit because the type of cleaner I was using wasn't working well enough. Will definitely give LA Totally Awesome a try. Local Dollar Store sells it for....well...a dollar!

9. DarthMuffin

DarthMuffin New Member

Replaced the waterpump with a Whisper King model. Wow, what a difference!

10. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

washed it yesterday, closed it up today in the rain.

11. BaylorWaylor

BaylorWaylor Member

I installed a hardwood floor, a $5.00 yard sale find.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Bama Camper1

Bama Camper1 New Member

cleaned and packed for the weekend trip

13. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

That looks beautiful - and you can't beat the price!

14. DSCinVegas

DSCinVegas New Member

I bit the bullet.. called in around lunch time to see if they could take it in and they could---so towed my PUP later this afternoon to one of our Camping Worlds here in town to have the bearings and axle serviced. Also, they will be taking care of installing the new set of Bal stabilizers I recently bought for the front of the PUP. Looking forward to chucking those stacker jacks I keep hauling around. LOL

Supposed to be ready tomorrow afternoon. I bought some of those sand pads for the 4 stabilizers too, but forgot them.. Most likely though-- they look pretty easy to attach, so will take some time this weekend and wrap it up!

15. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I got about 40% of the old decals off. [:D]

16. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

I am glad about your decision to service wheel bearings. When they fail, it is not a pretty sight. Our desert sucks the living life out of anything, including grease in wheel hubs.

17. electronflux

electronflux Member

packed up for my trip this weekend

18. DSCinVegas

DSCinVegas New Member

Ditto on that, thanks NJ for the added comment, I was kind of wondering if I was blowing some cash on something I didn't need. 600 miles round trip next week.. it's been kind of a monkey on my back since buying my NTM pup...not knowing the true condition...etc.

19. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Had the propane tank filled and replaced breakaway brake cable and lanyard.

20. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

Tightened some bolts on the bed cables, and switched out the mattress on the bigger bed for an air mattress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.