What Did You Do To/For Your Camper Today? - May 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockerNJ

Jul 20, 2010
While installing my electric brakes yesterday, I noticed my tires were getting some cracking on the sidewalls, so I just bought some new wheels.

Current: Duro ST175/80D13, Bias Ply, Load C
Replacing with: Kenda Karrier ST175/80R13, Radial ply, Load D, mounted on white wheels.

$189.90 shipped from eTrailer. Not bad I suppose.

Edit: I always hated the idea of leaving the trailer sit on the tires for the winter (flat spotting and all). Now, I suppose I can put the old tires on it when it's going to sit for the winter. Good/Bad idea? Pls discuss...

Big Popper

Shine on you crazy diamond
Apr 22, 2011
Going to install a volt meter so I can watch my battery power when I dry camp. Also posted my canopy mod under "Check my rig out", this was a big early spring project but now I am ready for the rainy days [;)]

tjwagers

Sep 12, 2010
Stared at mine lovingly too. Did some wishing that I could convince my wife to go out and camp with me in it too.

camping_girl

Oct 25, 2010
RockerNJ said:
While installing my electric brakes yesterday, I noticed my tires were getting some cracking on the sidewalls, so I just bought some new wheels.

Current: Duro ST175/80D13, Bias Ply, Load C
Replacing with: Kenda Karrier ST175/80R13, Radial ply, Load D, mounted on white wheels.

$189.90 shipped from eTrailer. Not bad I suppose.

Edit: I always hated the idea of leaving the trailer sit on the tires for the winter (flat spotting and all). Now, I suppose I can put the old tires on it when it's going to sit for the winter. Good/Bad idea? Pls discuss...

I'm curious too. My camper is getting new tires this week and I'm debating asking the shop to give me back the old ones so they can be the sit-all-winter tires. Of course this means I will have to actually learn how to jack the pup and change the tires [:O]

BayouBoy

Jul 12, 2010
Replaced velcro strips on the screen door for the canvas to attach to, silicone sprayed the lift system and bunk rails, and quick general cleaning.

PaThacker

Super Active Member
Feb 11, 2010
Poconos
Woke up to a warm spring day, mattress heaters going, and electric heater purring.
Made breakfast with pie irons, and casually packed up the site. Made it out by 1:30, and had one SPUT along the way out. Pottie break led to wacking the tounge jack/or hitch. Who knows or cares!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts