What Did You Do To/For Your Camper Today? - May 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSCinVegas

Sep 16, 2010
joet said:
Installed SB-50 connectors on batteries, charger and extension cords. I can now charge batteries without removing cover to attach the charger. Jus plug and go

Hey there JoeT... would you mind noting here some more detail ( or even better shoot some pics) on the pieces and parts? Not sure what you are speaking of exactly, but sounds GREAT. I have my battery cover attached with screws on the side. Your plan sounds like a fantastic idea. Thanks if you will!

Unstable_Tripod

Well, there's your problem!
May 20, 2008
Seattle, Washington
I got home yesterday and left it parked outside overnight. Today I went out there and popped it up to get the clothing and food out. I also went through another sanitation cycle for the water system because I wasn't 100% confident that I was completely successful the first time around. The water from the holding tank tasted just a bit different than I thought it should while I was on the trip. I put a bleach mixture in it before I left the campground and let it slosh around on the trip home and then sit overnight. It now tastes as it should. There may have been nothing amiss but I figure that in the case of consumable water it is prudent to be overcautious. I also measured the floor because I have decided to carpet it as I did with the Yuma.

jbarz73

Jun 24, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
We cleared the stuff off the top and away from the front of the PUP (it stays in our garage). Tomorrow we plan to pull it out and prep it for next weekend. [8D]

Tafty

Mar 26, 2011
opened it up to air it out from the last trip. Learned the hard way not to make the campfire too close to the camper. Then I swept it out and took a nap in the driveway :) [:)C]

beemerboy

Feb 13, 2009
North East Connecticut
Cleaned and greased my wiffletree. I mean, the campers wiffletree. [A]

When I removed the cover I discovered that a mouse built a nest in the housing. Luckily there weren't any critters in there also. And none got inside the camper.

Tomminny

2004 Jayco Qwest 10K
Installed new wheel bearings, races and greased...brakes looked great. Caulked any questionable areas and just moved it outside to it's summer location (stays in the garage during winter). Now to put in the battery. Will pop it up and clean and protect the canvas and silicone the lift system this week. Now we just need some nicer weather! NO MORE RAIN!!!

Gibby

Don't count time, make time count !!!
Apr 20, 2011
Moved the outlet for the AC and now its out of the way [8D] Before
IMG00275.jpg

After
IMG00276.jpg

Kim Ciara

Trout Tickler
Jul 5, 2009
Colorado mountains!
Congrats pasnowlady!

Today I've decided to pack LOTS less stuff in my popup. Seems I have "everything" when I go camping, and don't use most of it! ha! So... less is more, I think!

Kim

Raycfe

Waterford Ct.
Oct 3, 2007
Waterford, Ct
I was going to open it up but the forecast was for thundershowers. The only time it rained was when I was grilling supper ....I must have a cloud over me ....I go out it rains ..... I come in it stops. [{}=]

KateTheKamper

Apr 1, 2009
Michigan
Pulled it out of the storage barn....YAY!! Tomorrow I'll pop it up and have a look around.

Also bought a few odds and ends like zip ties, extension cord, etc. Cannot WAIT to open it up and get ready for camping next weekend, weather permitting! [8D]

bruceac1

Mar 19, 2011
El Paso, TX 79924
Moved it from the dirt section of the backyard to the cement slab in the backyard. Need to check for damages. Two weeks ago after the N2U pup had been up for checks and testing of systems, a 70 - 80 mph gust of wind lifted the tongue end via the front bunkend, and moved it three ft to the left and dropped it about 18". We put it up and back down prior to pushing it onto the cement pad. That is when we found that the door won't close properly, we also found out that the walls were leaning toward the roadside of the pup. The pup didn't blow over because it was tied down using parachute cord and tent stakes, because of the winds. We had been putting it up, doing a testor check, then putting it back down, but that got old very quick. Sunday we plan to put it up but I think that may have to wait till next weekend since tomorrow is Mother's Day and I don't want to make DW mad.
I will let you know what happens.

chrismarques

Jun 24, 2006
Mine went from the garage to the driveway today. In the morning going to see if my jon boat can be secured to the roof somehow.

ezduzit

May 10, 2010
I installed a new Parallax 6730 converter. Replaced 3 outlets. Installed a new GFCI. Attached a new digital volt meter to the battery. (Read 13.69 volts! [:D] [:D] [:D]) So after all that, I'm headed for the sack! [SNZ] [SNZ] [SNZ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts