What Did You Do To/For Your Camper Today September 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJcachers

Super Active Member
Nov 30, 2010
twstdpear said:
Tried to fix the L-brackets for my Equal-i-zer WD hitch. The dealer did a very poor job of installing them, mostly by tightening the link plates too much and bending them. As a result, they've started walking and it's been getting worse lately.

I unbolted everything, put the mounting brackets in my vice and straightened them as close to perfect as possible. If this doesn't do it, I'll probably have to contact Progress Mfg and see what I need to do to get a set of their new style brackets which supposedly do a much better job of preventing the walking.

Which dealer?

Sent from my iPhone4 using the Tapatalk App!

MrWizzard

Sep 4, 2011
Installed the new Shademaker Supreme awning. Looks good!!! And started the install of the new WFCO converter to replace the OEM Centurion 3000. Had to cut the opening out a skosh and get some wire nuts. Should have that job finished tomorrow.

twstdpear

Party like it's 2012!
Jan 18, 2009
Northern VA
KJcachers said:
Which dealer?

It was RV Wholesalers in Lakeview, OH. Even the closest person in their network is over an hour away, so while I shouldn't have to do it, if I can do anything in two or even four hours, it significantly saves me in time (4 hours for two round trips for drop-off and pick-up) and gas (I figure 12 gal for both round trips - say $45).

Hacksaw

Super Active Member
Aug 23, 2009
Off to look at 2 possible replacements today a 95 Jayco and a 98 Coleman...wish me luck!

Unstable_Tripod

Well, there's your problem!
May 20, 2008
Seattle, Washington
I'm taking it back to the storage yard for the winter. If I have time I'll put the ADCO cover on it also. If not, I'll head back to do that tomorrow. Next planned trip will be to the SW in March-April.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Old pup (Palomino): Installed the new roof vent - it only took us a year to figure out that the one we installed last year was defective. DH removed the galley top to repair that. Posted it for sale on the board at the CU. [Next chance for the on-line newspaper at DH's workplace is in 2 weeks. If we have no inquires from either place or word of mouth, will put it on CL.]

New pup (Cobalt): I'm cleaning it out after this week's trip to Grand Canyon, and for winter. This was more than likely the last pup trip of the year, so pulled out all the paper goods and such that stay in it for the season. The new memory foam topper arrived while I was gone, so put it on the bed; we may need to trim it a bit. Still need to caulk a couple of openings to make it mouse-resistant, and plot the removal of the sink and what we want to do to fill in the hole.

wapwap

Aug 15, 2011
I just couldn't quit!

Located the water pump - yay! Did the antifreeze for the water system, re-caulked the roof (there were some spots that weren't closed anymore), cleaned underneath the slideout (yuck!), gave the galley a good scrub

Basically got things pretty much ready for winter since we don't have any more available weekends until December and we're already getting down the freezing at night.

MA_Kev

Sep 2, 2011
Opened er' up, loaded some things in, closed er' up, charged the battery and gave er' a kiss goodnight. Headed out Monday for a few days, to Pillsbury State Park NH. Not quite leaf-peepin' time yet but it's the days we have off.

MrWizzard

Sep 4, 2011
Wired in the new WFCO 8735. Need a new ground wire since the old one isn't quite long enough. Good excuse to hit the hardware store tomorrow.

Hacksaw

Super Active Member
Aug 23, 2009
Today I brought home the Columbia's younger but much bigger brother...I am now the owner of a 1989 Coleman Columbia and a 1998 Coleman Sun Ridge. It's funny how much bigger the Sun Ridge is - a full 8 feet! Tomorrow open her up and do a formal christening.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
old: DH got the galley fixed and reinstalled; we figure the irony is that the pup is now in the best shape of the year, with a new vent and repaired galley, so that we can sell it. [Because of his bike accident, DH was not up to fixing the galley when the counter became detached, then things got busy so we just went with it held on by strapping.]

new: finished cleaning it out, closed it up and put the Adco cover on it, the one we bought last year fits it just fine, it was over-sized on the 2' smaller Palomino. We'll be opening it from time to time to do some mods, but it may be a while, so figured it was good to cover it. I can access the cord so we can charge the battery once a month or so during the winter, at least until we have an alternative charger of some sort.

MrWizzard

Sep 4, 2011
New WFCO Power Center in and working!!!

The old:
Old-Converter-web-2.jpg

Old-Converter-2-web-2.jpg

The new:
New-power-center-web-2.jpg

New-power-center-2-web-2.jpg

New-power-center-3-web-2.jpg

tjwagers

Sep 12, 2010
Put a plastic bag over the vent hood....in hopes that it holds the [{}=] water out till i can find some [SUN] dry days to fix it.

Four more weeks and its camping time. [CP] [:)C]

thegoodlife

Apr 18, 2011
I installed back up cameras on the back of my truck and pup. The one on the truck helps a lot when backing up to trailer. I think the camera on the back of the pup will help when backing into campsites and to help see behind me on the road. Will try to post pics later.

cstover

Sep 6, 2011
Washed the outside of the box last week. Yestersay Washed the vinyl and bunkends. Today the inside gets cleaned. Hopefully I will get the fridge baffle done. Fall Creek Falls next weekend.

bud121156

Western North Carolina
Apr 15, 2007
North Carolina
Made new cement awning anchors, this time using a larger pvc pipe in the cement so the awning poles will go down inside the cement.

2356238120101187768S600x600Q85.jpg

..........replacing the older set where the awning pole went over the pvc pipe, setting on top on the cement..

2468519630101187768S600x600Q85.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.