What Did You Do To Your Camper Today? - April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckeapc67

Feb 22, 2011
Replaced the junky plastic hinges on my dinette seat backs with real metal hinges.

The plastic ones were very flimsey and didn't support the backs very well. Also one of them had broken.

NJGuy

Super Active Member
Apr 20, 2010
Installed hook to cabinet door by door to hang whisk broom. Very handy.

5640621419_2e938ff3d8.jpg

dan emt

Feb 15, 2011
:)moved the pup from one side of the house to the other, just so I could tow it around the neighbor hood and make pretent I was going [LOL]

suprz

may you never doubt yourself....
Feb 1, 2007
used silicone spray on the stabilizers, and all the hinges, and put alittle grease on the winch gears, and drained the water tank and flushed it out. sprayed the lug nuts with WD40 (and the ones for the spare tire too) so i know they wont be frozen if i need to change a tire. I didnt pop it up yet, way too windy today....but everything i could do on the outside is done...

clay

Pop up...then Pop-a-Top...my friend.
Feb 12, 2009
Received a call from Jeff Porter ( Jeff's RV service in Somerset Pa.) PUP is all set to go.
Will pick up tomorrow.
Bed rail repair, sink hose replacement, A/C testing, roof adjustment, canvas repair,
de-winterized, and inspection.
Total cost....reasonable. Memories awaiting....priceless!!
Happy Camping Folks!

KJcachers

Super Active Member
Nov 30, 2010
KJcachers said:
odered a new awning for the Columbia from RVWorkshop and and a new BAL leveler from Amazon!

Received the awning yesterday and installed it last night. Man, I hated drilling those screws into the pup for the brackets that hold the side rails. [:(]

cowgrlup20

Apr 4, 2011
Holy Moly what did we not do to the camper today... We hung new curtains, re sealed the sink drain, fixed some wiring, re silicone the roof, took off the tires and cleaned and then re packed the bearings, cleaned her out fully and then re stocked her with new stuff and tomorrow she will make her maiden voyage.. See you all on Monday to tell you how it went.. [CP]Happy Easter

suprz

may you never doubt yourself....
Feb 1, 2007
De-winterized today, flushed the fresh water tank again, lit the stove, the furnace, the fridge, and the water heater....and they all worked (knock wood) silicone spray on the lift posts, and the bed rails, put more grease in the lift system. put the blue aquatainers inside, and the carpet. put the RVQ back in. basically, all i have left to do is fill the propane tank, and check the air pressure in the tires....and i will see you all at Burlingame on May 6th

real lite virgin

Rob,Suzanne & Jessie - Black Lab
Apr 15, 2010
DW loaded some more supplies in for the maiden voyage in 2 weeks. I mounted the PVC tube to store the sewage pipe.
Flushed the water lines and filled tank with water bleach mixture to sanitize overnight.

Rob

TheShulaShack

Jul 11, 2010
We went to Lowes to by bondo,sand paper, steel wool and paint. We are taking the plunge and painting it over the weekend (pending how long prep really takes). We are also re-sealing the roof. We are HUGE Miami Dolphin Fans and we just traded down to a 1988 Palomino to trick out Dolphins style! We are painting it teal, and have car trim graphics that will go down the side with the logo and name of our team. We are also putting vinyl letters with "The Shula Shack" written on the front (as that is not only our username, but the name of the pup) and on the back it will say "Last Stop Superbowl". We are keeping the roof white. On the inside we have dolphins bedding, curtains, our table has a huge logo, ect. The more tacky it is....the better. Many people I have told about this raise their eyebrows (and sometime their nose) but it is already ours...so let's give it some personality!!! The guy at Lowes is really excited btw and has really helped us out on learning about prep an application. I hope it comes out nice and shiny!

real lite virgin

Rob,Suzanne & Jessie - Black Lab
Apr 15, 2010
TheShulaShack said:
We went to Lowes to by bondo,sand paper, steel wool and paint. We are taking the plunge and painting it over the weekend (pending how long prep really takes). We are also re-sealing the roof. We are HUGE Miami Dolphin Fans and we just traded down to a 1988 Palomino to trick out Dolphins style! We are painting it teal, and have car trim graphics that will go down the side with the logo and name of our team. We are also putting vinyl letters with "The Shula Shack" written on the front (as that is not only our username, but the name of the pup) and on the back it will say "Last Stop Superbowl". We are keeping the roof white. On the inside we have dolphins bedding, curtains, our table has a huge logo, ect. The more tacky it is....the better. Many people I have told about this raise their eyebrows (and sometime their nose) but it is already ours...so let's give it some personality!!! The guy at Lowes is really excited btw and has really helped us out on learning about prep an application. I hope it comes out nice and shiny!

Perhaps some graphics on the side of the undefeated 72 superbowl champs

Rob

TheShulaShack

Jul 11, 2010
@Robs Doghouse - Do you know where I could get anything like that? I have looked and looked, but can only find the logo...

dubluvr

Life Is Good
Apr 6, 2011
Still waiting on the tag from dmv for the pup [:(] but got a hitch and a brake controller installed on my tv. Need to hook it up to the pup and drag it around a little...find a big parking lot and practice backing up! [;)]

huizarr

Nov 19, 2009
Setup the old Starcraft in the driveway to take pictures and post it on Craigslist this weekend.

Mattijs

Jul 18, 2010
Tool the pup for a small drive around the block to check the brakes after some minor flooding last fall. All works well

Also adjusted the new steel re-bar to level the pup with

Maybe tomorrow i'll even open her up to see what else i want to do with it this year. One thing i want to do is buy new poles for the tent, the old ones were bent and rusted and I've never used the tent, but now with a toddler it looks like the time to start using it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.