What did you do to your camper today? January 2011

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by KJcachers, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KJcachers

KJcachers Active Member

We do this on a Jeep board I frequent. Gives everybody a chance to hear about others and their mods/repairs. Posting pics earns bonus points! [LOL]

I will get it started. Made my first purchase for the popup. I bought a 7 round to 6 rectangular cable to plug the old Coleman Columbia into my Jeep. The PO has a 6 to 4 cable with a 4 to 7 adapter? [:O] [:D] Now I need to see about getting a battery and try to get the backup lights working!

Also bought a 30amp to 15amp dogbone(?)

NEXT!

2. Mosbyranger

Mosbyranger Onward, thru the fog...

I looked at it sitting in the driveway covered with melting snow and sighed. Then I went to work. Sadly.
    MR

3. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

I did nothing to it -- didn't even go in the garage today. Tomorrow I plan to check the battery voltage and then put it on a trickle charge overnight.

4. Dave in Az

Dave in Az Member

Brought it home from getting some warranty work done!

5. candleems

candleems Member

Drool over it while it sat in the garage, dry and warm, parked in by the lawn mower and snowblower.

6. lbcarr87

lbcarr87 New Member

Cleared the snow off of it :-( . Not to worry - she's covered and tires are protected - just don't need the extra weight on the top.

7. yogi

yogi New Member

I stared out the window at it in the pouring down rain. When the supposed sun comes out this weekend, I will carefully peel back the cover, lift the roof about a 1/2 inch, open the door, pull out the dri-z-air tub and put in new dri-z-air (sp.). Then, I will close it back up, re-cover and stare at it some more. [:D]

8. mrafindley

mrafindley New Member

I have been tottaly redoing my pup. I previously made a new tongue that was longer to hold all my goodies. The past 4 weekends I gutted the inside and made all new cabinets counter tops and the seats (not the cusions) And took the old ABS roof off thru it away and built a new alum. one and installed. Today I vacuumed all the saw dust out and moped the floor. This weekend I will stain and seal every thing and get ready to take her to the keys

9. Carlb

Carlb Carl & Dawn

Just bought a string of tacky lights for this weekend and a set of soft yard darts for the kids to play with when we go camping this weekend.

10. themanfromvan

themanfromvan Van, PA - Near The PA Wilds

Went out in Mom's garage..... turned on the light..... squeezed by the snow blower and the Christmas tree box.... crawled inside with a flashlight..... no signs of critters..... the wood smoke smell is dissipating, but is still there. Winter is half over on my calendar.

11. Albert and Melanie

Albert and Melanie The "pup" Palace

I looked at pictures of it and wished I was in it, does that count?

12. Matt O

Matt O Strangers are friends who have not yet met

I went camping [PU] at French Creek State park last weekend at the Mid-Winter Rally. There were 3 of us. Yak, Tldoc, and I. PopUpSteve was supposed to go but he got a cold. It was 19 overnight and 30 during the day.

Keeping warm in a PopUp

Interesting firestarters

13. Sal C

Sal C Member

bunches of stuff....finished up installation of stereo system, covered up my new 1.5 " memory foam with the cover it came with. Re-did my outside lite by the door (wasn't working, so I had to get a new switch and do some soldering on it)..but it works now. Working on one of my drawer slides (keeps on coming off). I'm newly retired, so I got lots of time..until the DW comes home. Was 70 degrees out side today. Sorry for all of you in cold weather..been there-done that. That's why I live in the west.

14. tlgenterprises

tlgenterprises New Member

I will be driveway camping tonight and enjoy the 26 inch LED TV, the only luxury item on my 1983 Coleman Sun Valley. [LOL]

15. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Just looked at it today and staged some unloaded groceries on top of the storage lid (no bags at Costco; do not like to get stuck with boxes). However, camped 6 days so far this month. Opened up to find out what is causing my LED lights burn so hot on the one bunkend (no joy so far). Also, glued some loose Velcro and recharged the batteries.

16. mercman

mercman Go Ahead, Be That Happy Camper!

I shoveled snow/freezing rain off of the roof. [:(]

-chris

17. campfreak

campfreak Well-Known Member

Looked for some pipe hangers for my hardpipe mod. Got a wiring diagram link off this website, ( thanks!) and pretty much decided where to install my 12 volt outlets. Checked on my amazon.com order (electrical stuff) and wondered why it's not here yet!

CF

18. GWolfe

GWolfe New Member

Waiting on my canvas to arrive. I had to take off the front bunk canvas and the piece by the door to send to Bear Creek to get a zipper fixed that I broke. Should be here any day.

Matt O those are some great vids. You aren't a pyro are you? [;)]

19. pakrat

pakrat New Member

Towed it back to work to park it after some white trash ingenuity on my propane tanks regulator Monday. It was mounted, but the lines were rubbing against the tanks, so I took it off and used bungee cords strapped to the battery box for now until I get get a bracket made. Also put the tank brackets on to secure the tanks. My Son and I did some driveway camping last night. 1st time I plugged it into ac power and everything works.

20. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

Brushed the snow off.........again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.