What did you do to your TV this month

Discussion in 'Tow Vehicles, Hitch & Towing' started by Yak, Apr 2, 2016.

1. BigRedTruck

BigRedTruck Member

Washed the salt off of her. Lots of road salt this year.

2. Sgtyork

Sgtyork New Member

Installed 7 pin connector and ordered transmission cooler today.

3. Justin91

Justin91 Member

End of last year bought 2016 Chevy Silverado Crew cab with towing package. Right now I am working on gear/storage solutions for our upcoming trips.

4. Yak

Yak Well-Known Member

Dealing with rust issues so I added flares to cover it up. I will deal with the rust in the next week or so[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Well-Known Member

This was a fun thread so I thought I would bring it back from the dead.

I picked up an ODB dongle and an app for my phone to monitor the TV, mainly the transmission fluid temperature.

If you have an Android device it’s really simple and cheap. A normal cheap Bluetooth OBD dongle and the Torque app will get you just about anything you need.

I’m an iPhone guy, so it took me a little longer to get a good setup. The iPhone uses slightly different Bluetooth specs, so in the past only WiFi dongles would work. However now they have Bluetooth Low Energy ones that are compatible with iOS. The first dongle I got wouldn’t access the right info on either our Sienna or my Prius, so I bit the bullet and got a more expensive one (still only $30) and it works great. I settled on the OBD Fusion app and am pretty happy with it. It’s similar and comparable to Torque.

We’re heading to the Smoky Mountains tomorrow, so I’m going to keep an eye on the tranny temp. The factory Tow Prep package includes a transmission cooler suitable for the 3,500 lb tow capacity so I don’t expect to need anything more, but if I notice it start to creep up in the mountains I’ll add another auxiliary cooler to be extra safe. I have the app set up to record logs of the data, including gps coordinates, so I’ll be able to go back and look at the temp at each location and see what’s going on.

6. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

It clicked to 280k miles, I checked the oil, added washer fluid, and will get new tires tomorrow as 1 has a bulge. 35k miles on the tires, supposed to be a 50k miles tire that I paid $240 out the door (installed and the old tires disposal fee for CA). I told the tire shop owner that this was at least the 4th set of new tires I had purchased from him and I have referred many people to him and asked for a discount on a new set of 4, he said nope. I said damn that is really going to make me rethink this as the best tire shop as he said there was no warranty even though I should have had 15k more miles to go the other 3 tires are not to bad but I asked for $20 off, he said sure... I am a tight wad and did not expect to put new tires on this year... Oh well for $220 for 4, that is cheaper than many truck tires (for 1)!!

7. Ruby Jean

Ruby Jean Member

Getting the front passenger side window of my vehicle replaced tomorrow after a "smash and grab" that happened at a campground we were looking at over the weekend. :sad:

8. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Boy, that's definitely not my kind of campground!

9. xvz12

xvz12 Well-Known Member

Made a successful run up to our favorite campsite, for a change. Last two trips in a row to this location, had the fuel pump go out...the first time stranded us 20 miles from cell service, managed to hitch a ride to get service, the time after that, we managed to limp home but the TV died in the driveway. At least this time was all under warranty. Anyways, made it up & back with absolutely no problems, the jinx is broken! LOL.

jnc likes this.
  10. CamperMike

CamperMike Member

Drove the TV (and camper) around 4000 miles in just over 2 weeks. Visited Glacier and Yellowstone, and made a few scenic side trips on the way home. No significant issues during the whole trip(just a intermittent TPMS sensor issue)...not bad for a Chrysler van with now 135K miles on it.

11. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I bought a new brake controller and will install it tomorrow. The old one was about 15 years old
    and still works, but I figured that I needed an upgrade, since this is the 4th truck it has been mounted in. Also re-stocked everything after the last trip so I am ready for the next trip hopefully later this month, ( thunderstorms permitting..)

12. Haybale

Look at that date code 2618... It is only 2818 right now... And made in the USA, and an alignment done!!

0808180943.jpg

0808180954.jpg

0808181025.jpg

jnc likes this.
  13. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I finally maned up and cleaned the poop tank on the NTU Niagara. I wish the DW did not love having a toilet.

14. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

tell your wife that the toilet is broken. [:D]

jnc likes this.
  15. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

I washed and vacuumed out the sand from the beach trip

16. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Active Member

DH replaced the u-joints and the drive shaft on the Titan.

We like to boondock around northern AZ. Forest roads can be tough on trucks.

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]

17. Haybale

Let her empty it...

18. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

We're old school, She does the squaw work and I do everything else. Besides that she shoots better than I do. So I do what it takes to keep her smiling.

19. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

I'm in the same boat.

For our camper this month I finally purchased/ordered all of the pieces to connect our grey water directly to a sewer connection. It'll be nice when we camp places that have full hookups and not have to pull out the tote that I walk a total of 10 feet to empty at least once a day. I'll still have to empty the black water cassette, but that's not so bad.

20. BBQdave

BBQdave Active Member

Added Smokey Mountain decal to tail gate after our vacation trip, and Febrezed the cab :)