What did you do to your TV this month

Discussion in 'Tow Vehicles, Hitch & Towing' started by Yak, Apr 2, 2016.

1. generok

generok Well-Known Member

VERY thankfully determined my oil leak in my truck was NOT the front main seal but instead a faulty cam position sensor. So, tonight I will replace it.

That's the difference between a $25 repair and a $2500 repair.

2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Changed the oil and did an overall check to ensure it's as ready for vacation as I am.

3. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

$2,500 for a front main seal, I hope that came with a new short block and lube...

4. generok

generok Well-Known Member

7.3L turbo diesel. To work on the bottom end, you have to pull the cab of the truck. To pull the cab, you tie up a bay for the duration of the job...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Yak

Yak Well-Known Member

Our shop

[​IMG]

6. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

[:O] WOW....

Our son has a '96 F250 with the 7.3L Turbo Diesel...can't imagine having to do all that! He just had the IDM replaced due to it getting fried by a water leak after 20 years!!! That was $849 for the Ford module new not rebuilt.

7. Dusty road

Dusty road Active Member

8. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Small thing for the TV: bought a piece of the clear 3M protective film used on vehicles. The wires for the video monitor from the rear of the TT enter the truck cab through one of the rear doors, and they have marred the paint a bit. If we could figure out a better path, that'd be ideal, but the film will help for now. (The wiring for the monitor was easier to route in the 4Runner.)

9. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Just the standard 6 month oil change, tire rotation, and u-join lubing.

10. kitphantom

Had a super-duper interior cleaning by a detailing service. Almost two hours of vacuuming, shampooing and cleaning. Not going to have it done again any time soon, I hope, but it sure looks and smells better.
    We'd planned to do that after the next camping trip. However, the mysterious floral smell has been resurfacing, and a friend's dog peed on the back seat the other day (much to the friend's horror). The foot prints on the rear passenger door, after hauling my husband and his huge brace around for 2-1/2 weeks (he also used his cane to open the door) meant the back seat did need a cleaning.

I'm hoping we have time tomorrow to finally install the "bull rings" for tie downs in the truck bed, and adjust the second cargo bar. I keep a folding step stool in the truck, so I can climb up into the bed, but I prefer not to have to do that to retrieve the shopping from the far end.

11. Pants

Pants New Member

The van wasn't starting so well and was a bit underpowered. It has over 200k kilometres and was running on original spark plugs... Works much better now

12. sespe

sespe Member

Finally installed the on-board air compressor for my helper bags.

[​IMG]

13. dwwscran

dwwscran Member

I installed to carrier bearings in the rear axle of my suburban. that was an interesting process.

14. Wild-Life

Wild-Life Active Member

5 new all terrain tires, alignment, wipers, oil and filter change, transmission fluid and filter change, oil change for transfer case, front and rear differentials. .... getting ready for post summer camping.

15. kitphantom

Yay! - the PCV assembly arrived and has been installed in the Colorado. They will check for oil usage at the next oil change, but don't expect further issues.

New windshield installed today - we had a rock chip in the black border a couple of months ago. One place tried to fix it, but a long crack appeared this week.

16. kitphantom

We finally installed the weatherstripping at the tailgate. (It wasn't as difficult as DH feared, but it was handy to use the laptop outside to follow the website installation instructions.) We'll be traveling dirt roads next week, so will be testing it soon.

Changed the cabin air filter since the floral odor was back a bit. The filter is supposed to last 30,000 miles or some such. We changed it in late spring and today it was very dusty and dirty - I guess we do put the truck to good use in "dusty environments".

17. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Changed oil and oil filter.

18. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Well-Known Member

Got my brake controller installed tonight. I really had to think about where to place it since the TV has a driver's knee airbag. I figured it probably wouldn't be good to have that chunk of metal and plastic as a projectile in a crash. I ended up having to put it in a storage cubby hole in the dash, which seems to be the consensus location on the Sienna forums.

Now my order from etrailer needs to get here so that I can install the brakes and test it all out.

19. kitphantom

The weather stripping reduced dust infiltration by maybe half, but there was still plenty in the truck bed by the end of our trip. Miles on back roads in Utah meant cleaning boxes again, though it did not take as long this time.
    I've ordered a truck bed mat from the dealer today, which I hope will arrive and be installed before my next trip. The parts guy I talked to today said it seems like the Colorado trucks leak dust worse than some of the others. The bed "mat" actually covers the side of the truck bed and has a flap that covers the gate when open.

20. Birdwoman26

Birdwoman26 New Member

Got a new brake controller installed. The 20 year old one finally bit the dust. Also a higher thingy that goes in the hitch.