What did you get Pup'ish for Christmas?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Hoosier Daddy, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Active Member

Boy I wish I did! I have done a couple seats on the DW's home machine. While I load it with upholstery weight thread and a sturdy needle it does very well, I realize it probably is a work out for it so I take it slow. I have been watching e-bay for a used Industrial machine but I just don't do enough vinyl to justify the expense.

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

@Hoosier Daddy
    When we had plans to sew our own new tenting for the previous pup (very glad we decided to go with Canvas Replacements!), we were going to use our vintage (c 1951) Singer 201, for the UV resistant thread recommended. I understand one demonstration done with the 201 in its day was to sew through a tin can. We didn't want to expose our Berninas, with tension plates inside the machine, to the coating on the thread. We did use one or another of them for the canvas, Sunbrella and other projects we sewed with all the fabric we bought for the tenting. We used all the canvas and Sunbrella on other pup projects, most of the zipper tape, too. We still have window vinyl left, we also used the screening up for the pup door screen (It took a couple of times to get the right-sized spline, so the first attempt or two resulted in ripped screening.) and one in the house.

Searching for other new items for the TT, but guess they aren't really Christmas gifts at this point. Ordered a toilet paper pedestal, hoping to use it in the TT. If not, it can be used in one of the house bathrooms. Also have a couple of tiny, wall-mountable trash baskets as possibilities for the also-tiny TT bathroom.

3. Mamagoogins

Mamagoogins New Member

I got a small, hand held led lantern. Santa didn't have anything to put in my stocking and the lantern took up the space. I asked for a BAL Leveler but Santa must have forgotten that!

4. pandpcamper

pandpcamper Lifetime camper, newer to pup

Maybe Santa is waiting for spring. Keep dropping hints! DH wasn't too sure about ours at first but now he love it!

5. pandpcamper

pandpcamper Lifetime camper, newer to pup

kimmy-- I love our electric skillet- you can make 3 meals a day and heat wash water! LOL I do like my DO and now we have our new pan holder/grill set up (see my post earlier on this page). The electric skillet came with our first PUP from our friends.

6. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

We ended up getting the Clam 1660 outdoor screen room that we saw at the fall rally this year. Got a great cyber Monday deal on it. Can't wait to try it out.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

7. WannaTravel

WannaTravel Active Member

I received:

two small ceramic heaters
    hassock toilet with the liner bags
    stovetop percolator

The heaters work great and the toilet is comfy & fits into the cabinet near the door. As for the percolator, I will be testing it out this weekend.

8. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

I bought an electric skillet for the pup too! I think it will be very convenient!

9. kjay12

kjay12 New Member

We received a pots potty and two Christmas ornaments. :)

10. kjay12

kjay12 New Member

11. WeRJuliIan

WeRJuliIan If it's "Aluminum", why not "Sodum" and "Uranum"?

I got a rigid ABS (?) cover for our twin propane tanks, to replace the beaten - up plastic fabric one that tries to get away at cruising speeds... a much more rugged toolbag to keep on board, just in case... and some silk thermal underwear for those chilly nights!

12. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Glad to hear everyone was spoiled by the Big Guy! Up here in the icy North, we were spoiled as well! DS received his much desired Toronto Blue Jays Coleman camp chair. He was very happy! DS and DD also received "better" umbrella's, headlamps, and carabiners for their waterjugs.
    DH received Lynx Levelers, camp scissors, a new Primus Lantern, a Rigid radio, camp shower, 3'x5' Algonquin map and a small pocket map of Algonquin as well (can you tell this was all from ME?? [LOL])
    We both received a Coleman camp kitchen from my parents, which we are very excited to use!

I am going to get DH a Dutch Oven cookbook for his birthday in February. Hopefully he doesn't read this!!

13. vinmaker

vinmaker Member

I got some pop up Gizmos for the bunk ends and slide. They should work out well.

14. popuppartyof5

popuppartyof5 Are we having fun yet???

We must have been good campers this year because we received a very nice portable honda generator from my parents. And I bought a spare sleeping bag to have in our camper when my girls bring friends along. I had popup5 monogrammed on the bag too. [:D] My husbands father gave us a really fun Golden Book from 1959 that is all about camping. The pictures alone are great. Happy Camping in 2015 to you all. [PU] [PUT]

15. VonValterstein

VonValterstein Member

We got a nice new coleman camp stove, another pie iron, and a pie iron recipe book!
    With Christmas money we will be getting some tools and things so hubby can learn to do the bearings, and inspect the roof/ac to see is we can find where we are leaking. =)

16. Lathrop Bob

Lathrop Bob New Member

Our pup got new silverware, two person Grizzly sleeping bags and 4" gel mattress toppers for both bunks. We have gone kinda crazy outfitting our new pup since we bought it. What a difference a couple of decades make. We struggled just to buy our first pup in the 80's. Now we are retired and get whatever we decide we want for it.

17. kjcamper

kjcamper Member

I received an extension cord for my PUP. Some campsites I have been to were long or we had to turn the camper in a manner we didn't want to so I always mentioned if I only had a 30 amp extension cord it would help. Now I have one!

18. Tacoma641

Tacoma641 Member

DW got me a 12qt dutch oven with a lid lifter, lid trivet, and a dutch oven cookbook.

19. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

I purchased quite a few things:
    -the camper! [:D]
    -a cheap knife block set
    -a picnic basket for organization of items routinely taken out of the camper to leave on the picnic table
    -an electric skillet
    -a 2" memory foam topper
    -new sheets and quilts- Walmart "lodge" theme :
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Country-Lodge-Bedding-Quilt/24351646
    -a collapsible colander
    - a fold up clothes rack

Next new wiring and brake controller for TV

20. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Two smoking ( BBQ ) grills!!! 1....Coleman LXE cast iron grate gas grill, 1 Stok Orange Kettle Charcoal grill....my DW is just shaking her head.....what can I say ???? [:D] Txbum