What do/did you folks do as your profession?

Discussion in 'The Other Stuff' started by ridenred333, May 15, 2013.

1. iflyos

iflyos RC aircraft, playing radio, and camping

I've spent some money with your company!

73 de AG4RZ

2. Austin694

Austin694 Member

I am an instrumentation technician at a biotech manufacturing facility in northern ca. I have a history in construction and remodel work as well.

3. bexcamps

bexcamps New Member

I work in marketing for a large music retailer [:D]

4. cuda8630

cuda8630 New Member

Hhejbknklol 9

5. Mamagoogins

Mamagoogins New Member

Please tell me more about your work with aliens.

6. AngryScientist

AngryScientist New Member

Helicopter mechanic for the Army. Wife does state subsidy child care.

7. FL_Bill

FL_Bill I'm cooking something yummy!

Took me 3 days to get caught up on this thread!

I'm a Master Certified ASE automotive technician or mechanic. (with many other certs from many other -just as useless- companies....) I own a small business close to the Sunshine Skyway Bridgein Saint Petersburg, FL. I have been in business for almost 15 years. I am a 3rd generation mechanic and learned most of my basic skills from my father. I Googled the rest! [LOL] [LOL]

Wife is a social worker for removed children. My job is hard...hers can be harder!

Like someone said, camping is cheaper then therapy!

FL Bill

8. Fordiesel250

Fordiesel250 Member

Safety Engineer

9. whitecastleman

whitecastleman Member

work for a non-profit providing educational services to 800+ member schools

10. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

I too, sold drugs to mostly old folks for 4 years while in high school. Tried a year at MC/VISA security center=sucked. 13 years with the Feds as Administrator for 'secret projects', the last two in the Bahamas. What a job THAT was!! Nirvana!!

Moved with DH's job and haven't really done any career stuff since. Pulled 3 years in music, 1 at a cell phone company=sucked, even a year at a church=BIG TIME SUCKED. Now I'm disabled from an accident in the Bahamas, but I do better than most because I bust my arse with PT and other activities that keep me going...like CAMPING!!! [A]

DH is an EMS Helicopter Mechanic (Aviation Engineer is the snob title). He started at age 17 in the Navy working on large choppers, then went to the Bahamas to work on their choppers for 6 years. It's where we met and married!! He's been with his current company (AMC) for 21 years now, having started in WI for 4 years, now in VA for 17. He LOVES his job, but like most wrench junkies, hates all the paperwork. LOL He travels between 3 bases at times and I have to admit, the perks+ are the bomb!! I love those expense checks! LMAO

As someone said earlier, it IS funny how many on the portal are related to aviation in some way!

[:D]

11. iflyos

iflyos RC aircraft, playing radio, and camping

It is, really..my electronics career started in the Army as an Avionics technician, and I have designed, built, and flown R/C aircraft of all types for 20+ years.

12. presyoung

presyoung New Member

Jack of all trades. Farm row crops and organic veggies. I plant trees and do timber stand evaluations. I am an AEMT for a few local ambulance services and hospitals. I sell crop insurance "full time". I used to travel as a wildland firefighter but stopped that once I hit the backside of 30 (those cocky kids can have it). Now, if I could find one job that payed as well as my 6 or so that I regularly work I'd be great.

13. Running Wolf

Running Wolf Member

Tribal government of a non-fed recognized traditional tribe. Prior to my disability I owned and operated an ice cream truck company. (Try spending 10 hrs in one of those at 5 miles an hour, freezers running full tilt on a 95 degree day and you'll never complain about how hot and humid it is lol)

14. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Work in a wine store.

15. CalKat

CalKat Member

Executive chef.

16. edh

edh Active Member

I am a psychiatric nurse and teach nursing at a local university. Wife is a hospice nurse.

17. scrt95019

scrt95019 Member

parts guy for GM dealership... as well as tires, wheels, anything aftermarket for vehicles + rv's, and of course trailer parts [:D] [;)]

18. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

OOh cool! I used to race RV cars and got pretty good. First time I tried a RC little airplane, well, let's just say I had to pay for the tiny pilot's funeral. [LOL] [LOL] But I love to watch them!

Got any pics of your fleet??

[:D]

19. rick2911

rick2911 New Member

Chemistry Professor at small liberal arts college. My wife is an instructional assistant at our elementary school.

20. davido

davido Active Member

I'm a software engineer in cloud development. My wife is an infection preventionist, RN.

Where I work is a matter of some flexibility. I tend to go into the office most days, but am welcome to work from home (or remotely) as much as I wish.