What do you use to clean your clear soft vinyl windows?

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by 3fletch, Aug 25, 2012.

1. 3fletch

3fletch New Member

We have a nearly new evolution E3 and the clear windows seem to have an oily residue on them. They are clear but you can see a film, I want to clean them without damaging them. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. mv520

mv520 Member

I had good results with a product designed for clear vinyl windows in convertibles. Look in the aisle where car waxes are sold.

3. 3fletch

3fletch New Member

What do you use to clean your clear soft vinyl windows?

Thanks I'll look for it.

4. HiFiDave

HiFiDave Singin round the campfire

Look for a product call PLEXUS.

It will clean, treat and protect your plastic like few products can. Careful what you use, as cleaners like ammonia and such are a big no, no from what I am to understand. I've been using Plexus on my Coleman E1 for a while now and my plastic stays nice, clean, flexible, beads water etc..

http://www.autogeek.net/plexplasclea.html

5. Dusty82

Dusty82 Active Member

It's possible that the film you're seeing is a UV protectant layer that isn't supposed to come off. It's equally possible that it's a residue from the manufacturing process that should have been cleaned off at the factory or dealership.

Cleaners and preservatives like Plexus are great for a pup's vinyl windows. If you're a boat person, marine top vinyl window cleaner works very well too.

If you're a cheap individual like me, a little bit of dish washing detergent and water in a sprayer bottle works well, but it needs to be rinsed off with a wet towel, then dried.

As has been mentioned before, avoid glass cleaners and anything else with ammonia or alcohol as a base. Both will yellow vinyl windows and make them brittle.