What do you use to waterproof your aqualon tenting?

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by mollypie77, Jun 4, 2012.

1. kantonburg

kantonburg New Member

That is one upside. The owners still have the manual. I'll swing by today and see if I can pick it up. I should have the camper on it's way home this weekend too :D

2. kantonburg

kantonburg New Member

I got all the manuals from the owner today so I scanned the Aqualon pamphlet for everyone.

Click for larger images

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jessMN likes this.
  3. ibcindi

ibcindi New Member

I cleaned the outside of our "aqualon" canvas on our 1997 Starcraft 1224 and it looks amazing, I used woolite liquid laundry soap and water. Now its time to waterproof and condition the material. We too are having water on the sides of the tenting. We also have droplets and a tiny bit of mist coming through the ceiling tenting on both the king and queen pull outs. In a hard rain it seeps through the fabric where the screen windows are on the sides and if our pillows or feet touch the tenting while sleeping they are soaked in the morning when we wake.

I got the 303 Fabric Guard and will apply it on the outside, what I need clarification is on the sides??? The manufacturer could not tell me what to put on it. (seems unbelievable but true). So my plan was to clear the beds, put down cardboard, unzip windows and treat the fabric facing outside. Is that what I should be doing? OR should I being doing the fabric that is facing inside the bed when the window is zipped up. Also should I be treating the ceiling?? OR just the outside of the tenting.

I find great advice on the popupprincess.com but her camper is a different manufacturer so I err on the side of caution with following her advice to a T.

OH, if I find a solution I will be posting it FOR ALL ON THE WORLD WIDE WEBERNET to see. this has been a source of much anxiety for me since we love our pop up dearly and don't want to ruin it!

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

4. MtnRunner

MtnRunner New Member

What did you find out on the cleaning and sealing of your starcraft? I'll be in the same boat soon, would like to clean and seal before the next trip.

5. Pupper13

Pupper13 New Member

What did you find??? I've been searching my eyes out!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk