What glue to use for inside roof?!? Help

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by Camgurl16, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Camgurl16

Camgurl16 New Member

So we just bought our first pop up camper [:D] which also happens to be our first big purchase as a married couple yay!

So anyway it's a fixer upper and the roof needs some repair so we took it off and gutted it. Well we bought thick blue foam insulation sheeting from lowes and are planning to glue it to the top then then a vinyl layer on top of that to finish it off and keep it light. So the glue we purchased at lowes by recommendation melted the styrofoam [:(]. So I need to know what glue to buy to glue the styrofoam to the roof without it melting but that will keep our ceiling up and in place. Anyone had this issue? What glue did you use? Our camper is a 1995 Coleman Williamsburg. Also anybody used styrogoo

2. UtahCamperGuy

UtahCamperGuy New Member

Hmmm. The only glue I could think of is liquid nail. You want a glue that is not solvent based because it would eat through Styrofoam.

3. mdigby

mdigby New Member

It has been several years since we have done this. As you have discovered, some glues have solvents that destroy/melt foam.

Here it the thread I made at the time http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=49794.msg380333#msg380333

We ended up using "PL Premium (polyurethane) Construction Adhesive" I don't know if it still avail. from Lowes, but that's where we bought it.

Whatever you decide to try, tray a bit on a scrap first to make sure it doesn't "eat" the foam.

Good luck.

4. grateful bill

grateful bill New Member

I'm in the middle of a rebuild myself I used locktight pl pro. I glued luan to the existing Styrofoam it did not melt it and I have a good seal. I am now going to glue frp sheets to the Luna going the opposite direction that glue will melt Styrofoam.

5. MatthewLaura

MatthewLaura Member

PL Premium is my glue of choice, for everything. Working on my roof rebuild and some other fixing of wood framing and using PL Premium, love that stuff sticks anything to anything.