What Grill to Connect to LP Quick-Connect outlet on Coleman Santa Fe?

Discussion in 'Propane - Got Gas' started by Dominic Messiha, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Dominic Messiha

Dominic Messiha New Member

Hi Everyone! Just got a 2010 Coleman Santa Fe and can't believe I waited 47 years to get one! So much fun it should be illegal.

Anyway, I've read a ton of threads about how and what to connect to the LP quick connect outlet on the side of the trailer. I even bought a hose that has the proper connection, plus a 3/8 threaded adapter on the grill side.

Problem is, I can get anything I have to work with it (because of the regulator issues).

SO, I'm willing to start over and spend some money for an outdoor grill, but I really don't know what is intended to connect to this outlet! Whatever it is, I'd like it to be compact and about $150 or less.

Suggestions please!? THANK YOU!

Dom

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

It would be easier if you just hook grill to the propane tank outlet. Install a tee before the regulator of the camper and connect there. Low pressure stoves just don't seem to work well tapped into the low pressure circuit of the camper. The problem you are most likely having with your currant setup is the grille is working thru 2 regulators..... one on the camper ......one on the grille. You could try to remove the grilles regulator but would connection to the higher tank pressure.

3. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Is the outlet threaded or a quick disconnect? I can never remember what years Coleman ran the high pressure threaded outlet. That will narrow down your choices.

4. Patrick w

Patrick w Active Member

you can trigger the pressure cut off- if you dont open up the pressure slowly from the tank. At least thats how my bbq grill works.

5. Adam H

Adam H Active Member

You have to remove the regulator from the appliance for it to work. I have been using my BBQ this way for years now and it is super convenient.

6. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

You can use any grill or stove that you can remove the appliances regulator yet maintain the flame control.. So you could use your home BBQ, just remove the regulator and install your QD line.. the flame control knows will still control the burner intensity..