what happens if electric lift doesn't work

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by oscrfsh, Aug 27, 2014.

1. oscrfsh

oscrfsh New Member

Hey guys . It just occurred to me..I have an electric lift on my 95 fleetwood sequoia. Sometimes when I tighten the ..I assume hydraulic thing... know to keep pressure in hydraulic I guess and push the switch for the top to go up..sometimes it's tempermental..I can't turn the know all the way....what if it doesn't go up...is there a backup way to get it up?

2. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Usually there is a manual way of operating an electric lift in the event of electrical failure. Mine has a plug in the cover that when removed reveals a 7/16 he head that you can use a drill or the provided crank to operate the lift.

3. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

On our 2014 Niagara, you have to disconnect the quick connector that connects the motor to power and current limiter. Then you need an angry gorilla to manually crank it with the hand crank. The crank fits through an insulated hole in the bumper and onto the motor shaft, about 4-5" in. If you don't have an ape, you're out of luck because that bad boy takes some torque. Somerset says it's b/c the lift is designed to be used electronically, and the manual should only be used in an emergency. That's what they says.

4. Heartman_wa

Heartman_wa Active Member

5. Heritage

Heritage New Member

I don't have an electric lift but that is my biggest fear - getting to the campground and not being able to lift the roof for some reason.

6. oscrfsh

oscrfsh New Member

Wow..that seems kind of stupid to not have a back up lift system no? ..I guess I will bring my tent with us just in case...just seems like a waste of space bringing it..but I guess peace of mind in case the pup doesn't go up

7. Heartman_wa

Heartman_wa Active Member

If you get underneath and look there maybe a way to use a ratchet strap, hook it to the lock "U" bolt and winch it up.