what I hate about camping in a pup......

davido

Super Active Member
Jul 17, 2014
ILUVTHEBEACH
I also don't use sink and want to take furnace out. My AC has heat. What R U thinking for mods? Storage?

If you use your AC for heat, you're committed to only camping in places with electric hookups, or simply doing without heat if you don't have electric hookups. The furnace also provides more output than the air conditioner's heating coil. And the AC heating coil puts the warmth up at roof level where it doesn't benefit as much from convection.

But in some climates, sure... not a big deal.

Mark60

Aug 23, 2020
TN
We have to leave our food items in a Locked TV because of bears, the rules states locked TV or hard sided camper, works out good as I have a camper shell on the TV and back close to the camper after unhitching, it’s the darn bundles of heat treated wood we have to bring with us that’s a pain in the butt. I took 7 bundles last trip.

Susan Premo

Super Active Member
Nov 5, 2020
Minnesota
We have to leave our food items in a Locked TV because of bears, the rules states locked TV or hard sided camper, works out good as I have a camper shell on the TV and back close to the camper after unhitching, it’s the darn bundles of heat treated wood we have to bring with us that’s a pain in the butt. I took 7 bundles last trip.
We bought a lot of bundles of wood, then the forest all over the northeast portion, bwcaw was in fire mode, we couldn't have any fires. We had to ask our camp host to keep it for us before we left. We'll use it next spring.

Mcladdy

Dec 25, 2021
Bakersfield
Everything needed for camping related is in the pop up and stays in there. Like a 2nd vacation house. Bedding, kitchen stuff, misc. we will bring 2 coolers. One for beer, the other for soda and food. A tote for food like chips and stuff that was bought for the trip. I tell the fam they’re only allowed to bring 1 bag. If it don’t fit in the bag it stays at home. We usually camp for the weekend and everyone try’s to bring enough for a month. I got tired of that fast.

Susan Premo

Super Active Member
Nov 5, 2020
Minnesota
Everything needed for camping related is in the pop up and stays in there. Like a 2nd vacation house. Bedding, kitchen stuff, misc. we will bring 2 coolers. One for beer, the other for soda and food. A tote for food like chips and stuff that was bought for the trip. I tell the fam they’re only allowed to bring 1 bag. If it don’t fit in the bag it stays at home. We usually camp for the weekend and everyone try’s to bring enough for a month. I got tired of that fast.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
We've had the travel trailer for 7 years, every season we've tweaked the storage - we've tried different shelves in cupboards, added and subtracted hooks, and so on. The closet with hanging space that we thought was going to be so handy after having nothing like it in either pup has proven to be more trouble than it's worth. We finally made built-in shelves in the one on my side of the bed, and may do so on the other side. With baskets in two sizes from Target, things are so much easier to find now, instead if it being crammed in the closet or squirreled away under the bed.
This year, I have three girls' trips planned, from a long weekend to almost 10 days, so there will be changes from trips with my husband or solo. It means adapting to having the dinette for her bed, losing the space behind one seat for food storage, and reduced access to paper goods and other stuff stored under the left bench. There's space under the table/bed for her duffels, so at least she doesn't need to sleep with the on her bed, as we did in the pups. That's when the one closet does come in handy, I just toss as many extra paper towel rolls, toilet paper, paper plates, etc. as I think we'll need and stash it in that closet. One set of solar panels is under the right bench, also not accessible when the bed is made up. (The other section of that space has a door.) We have power all but the last few days of the first trip, so I'm still trying to figure out where to put those until then.
I fully admit that being able to leave the travel trailer more stocked during the season than we could with either small popup has been great. It's also handy to not have to open the camper up to add things just before a trip. I take more days to pack, but a lot of it is just adding things as I get to them.

Pedro Galvan

Jul 27, 2021
Rock Hill, SC
Leaving for home... :sad:
Other than that, I just love my Aliner Scout Lite. Understand this: my previous camper was a 4x8x4 Runaway Navigator tiny camper. All it had was space for a bed I made myself, a couple of small 3 drawer cabinets. It was great, but I got tired of not being able to stand inside. And I began thinking about later on in life, getting too old for that. The Aliner is just perfect for me and my pooch, comfortable, and easy to setup. Maybe I will rethink that, when I get too feeble to even set up the Aliner, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.