What i Hate about our pop up

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by mommie5324, Apr 1, 2011.

1. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

We solved the counter space problem in our Jayco by getting a Fleetwood Niagara. [LOL]

But honestly, I like to cook outside under the awning anyway and cooking inside is rarely done even when it's raining.

I love DSCinVegas's set up below, that kicks butt !!!

[​IMG]

If you do a search here on the Portal, I have seen some folks post mod pics of hanging metal wire shelves to help out with storage and lack of counter space, that may be something that will work for you also.

2. hollywood703

hollywood703 New Member

We dont do much inside cooking either, so we bought 2 of the 36" folding table with plastic molded top from sams club, Works well indoors or out.

3. brit

brit Loving-Life

Nice setup

4. ike129

ike129 New Member

I hate the "klang ka klang klang" sound that a bunk end pole makes when it vibrates out and strikes the hitch.

5. bigdad

bigdad Active Member

I like that set up that DSCinVegas has.

6. carythepianoman

carythepianoman Member

We LOVE our 'Camping Kitchen' from Cabellas. It provides lots of extra surface space and, if you utilize the 'pantry' sections, cabinet space as well.

It folds up very compact and is a must have for us!

[​IMG]

7. ike129

ike129 New Member

[​IMG]

I kind of like this...but, it really just doesnt work for my style of camping. The parks that I camp in are either bear country or the coons and skunks come into a site looking for an easy meal.
    I plan to transform my truck (TV) into a tailgate chuck wagon. It just makes since that if I do all of the cooking outside and kept put up in the tow vehicle (a must in bear country), might as well make the best of the situation and just cook there, keep it there, organized and away from our furry woodland friends.

8. carythepianoman

carythepianoman Member

Yeah ... whenever we are camping somewhere where wildlife can be an issue, we don't put any food in the 'pantry bags', and we cook on a stove or grill and it's very easy to just unhook those things and put them in my truck. But we use the 'counter space' this provides for more than just cooking so it's nice to have it right outside the popup door. Anyways, we enjoy it, but I think when it comes to camping, everyone has to fine what works for them.

9. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

[?:~{]