What is the best iten you have ever bought for your pup?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by skiball, Dec 14, 2013.

1. daveman

daveman Member

Thetford porta-pottie for the wife :)

2. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

I would have to say it was the Thetford Curve porta potty. But I do love my patio mat too!

3. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

BAL leveler !

4. nomorecoop

nomorecoop Member

Dutch ovens...gotta have biscuits for breakfast!

5. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

From my wife: A folding broom from camco. I have to admit its pretty awesome. Less than $20 at sam waltons store, and very compact, even has a dust pan!

From me: A snap on 3\8 drive impact. Makes setting up stabs and the even raises the BAL leveler a dream! Even strong enough to break lug nuts loose on my truck and the camper in the event of a flat tire.

From my 4 year old son: The TV (That's television, not tow vehicle) I also purchased a permanently mounted indoor/outdoor antenna that gives a few options aside from kids movies on the dvd player

6. jayco1997

jayco1997 New Member

I have a few items but it would have to be the BAL leveler and the screen room to fit the awning.

7. bburgcamper

bburgcamper 16 weekends a year camping just isn't enough.

Our zero gravity lounge chairs would be high on the list along with hammocks. I know they are both used outside of the camper but that is where we spend most of our time. The BAL was a good investment as well.

8. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

The ring that went on my P-up Partner

9. tgore76

tgore76 Member

I'd be interested in more info about that indoor/outdoor antenna...model, picture, where mounted?

platcecila50 likes this.
  10. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix#ip/Digiwave-ANT4008-Indoor-Outdoor-TV-Antenna-with-Booster-CUL-Approval-Adaptor-Silver-Color-Cooking-with-Calphalon-5-Quart-Hard-Anodized-Nonstick-Chili-/29881916?type=search
    This is similar to theantenna I got. It actually came with 2 U-bolts to mounts it to a pole. I actually mounted the u-bolts to the angle iron of the battery tray. It does require power, but that little box can be put anywhere so I put it in line inside the pup for ease of an outlet. Our pup is pre-wired so when setting up I run a small jumper from the antenna to the outside connection, then inside I go from the connection to the antenna power box, then out to the TV. Even if the pup wasn't pre wired I would just run the cable through a box corner zipper at the bottom, we all know there's always a little gap there anyways!

It stays where I put it, very slim so it doesn't take up much space. In fact I could still put another battery and box on the tray if I wanted. Its been great to get your locals and watch some news!

I picked up a slim LED at walmart on sale, never fully mount the base and take the base apart and lay both the tv and base flat on the dinette when towing. Never had any issues.

11. Jayko

Jayko Jayco 141J aka Big Bertha

Electric mattress pads, got them at the goodwill, $6.00 a piece, in Target they run nearly $100.

In the summer they are extra weight, in the spring and fall they really warm up the mattress. We put them under the mattress to provide a more even heat.

12. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

Digital thermostat.

13. billangiep

billangiep Member

Ive got to agree with others the patio mat is #1 on the list, then the Colman fueled lantern & stove, Grizzly Spit, Campfire Tongs, $12 folding broom from Walmart , the dutch oven etc etc.... :)

14. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Best thing was upgrading to the Cobalt, so the pup itself, with a furnace and ceiling lights - it extended our season even more than the previous pup did.

Other than that, one best item is hard to choose.

Solar panels, since we seldom camp with hook-ups.
    Heavy duty folding RV step stool, much safer than the old Rubbermaid step we used.
    Digital thermostat (& related mod to move it).
    Electric mattress pad for cold weather trips with power - our was pricy, since we needed a full/double size with dual controls, but it is great quality and made in the US.
    Two small shelving units, to make the most of our very limited counter space.
    Endless Breeze 12v plug-in fan
    Small, molded table to use in place of the very heavy original.
    Two roll-up aluminum tables, one adjusts to counter-height, which we use to cook and eat under the awning, or anywhere in the site we wish.

ETA: PUGs, inside and out

15. Hanne

Hanne New Member

Another vote for the BAL leveler.
    Reflectix for the windows is a must for temperature control and for privacy.
    Also, we have no furnace and frequently dry camp in cold weather so the Mr. Heater Buddy is a must-have.
    Finally, when the weather turns ugly, the Dometic Cabana awning has been worth it's weight in gold.
    We purchased our camper with 2 pieces of 4" upholstery foam per side, and no mattresses. A memory topper has helped me, but DH likes a self-inflating camping pad under his.

16. Tacoma_Jim

Tacoma_Jim Member

It's funny how many times it's about the bed, That being said, our 4" mattress topper. Second to that is the adapter fro my drill to put down the corner support feet.

17. jayco1997

jayco1997 New Member

I know the topic is the best item purchased for the pup but I have to say the pup itself was the best purchase. If I hadn't purchased the pup than I would not have seen any of the vacations I was able to take this past summer doing every weekend at the beach and the fact that I put in elbow grease, power tools and time made the $200 pup well worth the investment. I love camping.

EmilyW likes this.
  18. Clive

Clive New Member

Fitted powered mover with remote control, parks it inch perfect from several feet away. Also great for connecting to the tow vehicle, no more vague wavings from "helpers".

19. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Mattress topper........... you have to get a good nights sleep.

20. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Gizmo, and grille for any grill from Walmart... without the grille I would not have cooked outside...